Big Tech is censoring speech through autocorrect

Every time I try to say something bad about a democrat or the media, or any liberal organization, autocorrect tries to change it to something else. This is done on SMS text, as well as FB message and google search.

For example, if I try to say Obama sucks to a group chat on FB it will automatically change the text to something like Obama success. I have to go in and manually spell it out. This happens a lot on my android device too when using swipe to text.

But it only occurs when talking about democrats/lib groups. If I say, hey you suck, then it works fine.

Also if you search for something bad about a democrat, the suggestions will be of positive things. If you type Hillary is a C. Google will suggest, content, campaigning, charming, etc.

Sometimes if I try to like a conservative post or comment on FB, I've noticed it won't go through. My like doesn't appear or is taken away. Even some comments mysteriously disappear.

Eventually, if liberal big tech has its way it will stop all criticism of democrats/Liberal groups. You will attempt to type something out, and it will edit it, and not allow you to use any negative language.

This is the first step towards our brave new world, and an Orwellian hell.

FB is a private company, they are not required to cater to your whims nor are they required to allow you to say whatever you want on their property.

That's capitalism, chap.

Go to another social media platform if you do not like it, or create your own.

Crying about it will not help in the least

FB is a private company, they are not required to cater to your whims nor are they required to allow you to say whatever you want on their property.

That's capitalism, chap.

Go to another social media platform if you do not like it, or create your own.

Crying about it will not help in the least

I tend to agree. But what if govt is working with FB/Big tech to silence decent.

Every time I try to say something bad about a democrat or the media, or any liberal organization, autocorrect tries to change it to something else. This is done on SMS text, as well as FB message and google search.

For example, if I try to say Obama sucks to a group chat on FB it will automatically change the text to something like Obama success. I have to go in and manually spell it out. This happens a lot on my android device too when using swipe to text.

But it only occurs when talking about democrats/lib groups. If I say, hey you suck, then it works fine.

Also if you search for something bad about a democrat, the suggestions will be of positive things. If you type Hillary is a C. Google will suggest, content, campaigning, charming, etc.

Sometimes if I try to like a conservative post or comment on FB, I've noticed it won't go through. My like doesn't appear or is taken away. Even some comments mysteriously disappear.

Eventually, if liberal big tech has its way it will stop all criticism of democrats/Liberal groups. You will attempt to type something out, and it will edit it, and not allow you to use any negative language.

Dude, do a test. Write or speak about a complex subject such as a personal medical procedure or learning to sail. See how many words it "autocorrects". You will see that it's apolitical; it's just trying to match to commonly used words. There is no vast, wide Big Tech conspiracy to make you praise Obama. Please get a grip.

If there's a conspiracy in this country, then it's only to make a shitpot full of money.

Dude, do a test. Write or speak about a complex subject such as a personal medical procedure or learning to sail. See how many words it "autocorrects". You will see that it's apolitical; it's just trying to match to commonly used words. There is no vast, wide Big Tech conspiracy to make you praise Obama. Please get a grip.

If there's a conspiracy in this country, then it's only to make a shitpot full of money.

For example, SourceFed noted in a video on Google’s own YouTube service that typing “Hillary Clinton cri” on Yahoo and Microsoft’s Bing suggest phrases that link Hillary Clinton to crime. Similarly, typing “Hillary Clinton ind” on Yahoo and Bing suggest phrases that link Hillary Clinton to the possibility of being indicted as a result of her email records.

On Google, however, typing “Hillary Clinton cri” results in suggestions for “Hillary Clinton crime reform” and “Hillary Clinton crisis.” Similarly, a search for “Hillary Clinton ind” brings up suggestions on Hillary Clinton and Indiana, independents and India, and not indictment.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/g...-autocomplete-results-report-shows-2016-06-09

Try logging out of Google and Facebook and clearing your cookies. :)

I don't have the problems you speak of. :dunno:

https://www.sebgorka.com/a-full-list-of-hillary-clintons-crimes/

Google tries to make me fill out a Captcha every time, so I just avoid them.

Well if you claim you can't type in, Obama sucks then the only fair comparison is to see what happens if you try and type in, trump is the greatest president. If that's not allowed then you have a fair comparison. And if it lets you type in trump sucks then that just confirms your initial claim. Would love to hear what happens.

Back