Black History Month

Will you tell your grandson he is 'Black'. That his Identity is 'Black' and that there is 'systematic racism' all around him. Will you tell him he's not responsible for his future, that any failure he encounters is because of White Privilege.
Or. That he's a Human Being ... and can do anything or be anything he wants to be?

Thanks for being so concerned that you bring one of my family members into your trolling. Now crawl back under your rock and have another bottle of tequila, darlin'. lol

Thanks for being so concerned that you bring one of my family members into your trolling. Now crawl back under your rock and have another bottle of tequila, darlin'. lol

It's a serious question.

"Self-Portrait in Black and White: Unlearning Race"
"A reckoning with the way we choose to see and define ourselves, Self-Portrait in Black and White is the searching story of one American family’s multigenerational transformation from what is called black to what is assumed to be white. Thomas Chatterton Williams, the son of a “black” father from the segregated South and a “white” mother from the West, spent his whole life believing the dictum that a single drop of “black blood” makes a person black."
www.amazon

" "In fifty years, smart students will be writing senior theses seeking to understand why anyone in the early 21st century found anything in Self-Portrait in Black and White at all controversial. For now, curl up with this book to join a conversation on race about progress rather than piety, thought rather than therapy."
― John McWhorter, author of The Creole Debate"

Do you support Jews being conditioned as being perpetual Victims? Do you support creating an atmosphere of 'anti-semitic racism' all around you? Do you support the idea that White People are your Oppressors?

You sound like David Duke who denies there is racism or antisemitism.

How you feel belongs to you and you alone, isn't our job to make you feel good about history

As to us Jews and People of color we will not lay down , and we will not cower, those days are long gone

We are not defined by how we are viewed or treated by "people" like you

" "A brave and powerful book that I could not put down. At a time when white supremacy is resurgent in many countries, should we fight it by insisting on the equality of the races or the elimination of race as a social and biological category? It is a question that needs to be asked and a debate that needs to be had."
― Anne-Marie Slaughter, CEO, New America"

You sound like David Duke who denies there is racism or antisemitism.

How you feel belongs to you and you alone, isn't our job to make you feel good about history

As to us Jews and People of color we will not lay down , and we will not cower, those days are long gone

We are not defined by how we are viewed or treated by "people" like you

Swell. YOU ... are the perfect person to personify 'racism'.

" "A brave and powerful book that I could not put down. At a time when white supremacy is resurgent in many countries, should we fight it by insisting on the equality of the races or the elimination of race as a social and biological category? It is a question that needs to be asked and a debate that needs to be had."
― Anne-Marie Slaughter, CEO, New America"

Funny that is is coming up now as the demographic shift is happening

It's a serious question.

"Self-Portrait in Black and White: Unlearning Race"
"A reckoning with the way we choose to see and define ourselves, Self-Portrait in Black and White is the searching story of one American family’s multigenerational transformation from what is called black to what is assumed to be white. Thomas Chatterton Williams, the son of a “black” father from the segregated South and a “white” mother from the West, spent his whole life believing the dictum that a single drop of “black blood” makes a person black."
www.amazon

It's a serious question for serious people. But for you, it's just racist trolling.

Curious your thoughts here (as you speak often about demographics). An argument I’ve heard is yes demographics may be changing but that doesn’t do anything to alter the fact that America is still systemically racist. And simply putting POC in control of racist institutions won’t change them.

You buy that?

8 Black Inventors Who Made Daily Life Easier
Black innovators changed the way we live through their contributions, from the traffic light to the ironing board.

Most people have heard about famous inventions like the light bulb, the cotton gin and the iPhone. But there are countless other, often overlooked inventions that make our daily lives easier. Among the creative innovators behind these devices are African American inventors. From the traffic light to the ironing board, see a list of products that have sprung from the minds of Black inventors.

https://www.history.com/news/8-black-inventors-african-american

It's a review by Ann-Marie.

I have a Theory. 'Becoming American'.

I'll make this brief. YOU ... are very 'ethnic'. You want your children marrying a 'nice Jewish boy/girl'. You would have strong feelings if 'Little David married a Shiksa'.
Similarly, the 'Black Community' after centuries of a 'ethnic family', are seeing their children becoming 'American'. Like YOU, they are having heart failure.
The 'Agenda' (to bring the children to their senses) is to drive a wedge between this thinking of 'Individuals' vs 'Ethnic Identity'. Individuals think as Human Beings.
'Black Victim/White Oppressor' must be instilled in children to keep them in the 'Black Family'.

That's cool. Even if the non-black kids get nothing out of it, it's valuable to highlight the positive parts of black history, and in particular the shining stars. Kids who have ppl to look up to tend to be high achievers as well.

I don't want to pretend to speak for anyone else but if one is going to take an AP African-American history class I'm assuming its because they are really into it. (the thought process being if one simply wanted exposure you could take a basic AA history course. Once you get to AP level you are more committed to the subject level.)

Back