Blizzard Conditions at Damocles's House!

Same here in IL, though looks like things are changing. It's pouring out right now, 42 degrees. Later the weather service says that the winds will start picking up, temps will drop. After an inch or so of rain falls, it will turn quickly to snow, around 5 pm. I will not be out and about then. 2-6" is the predictions. The words I do not like, "possible thundersnow.' The winds this evening are supposed to be a steady 35-40, gusting into the 50's. Brrrr. Tomorrow we will not get out of the 20's.
Have faith. If there's one person you can count on to be wrong it's the weatherman! :)

Have faith. If there's one person you can count on to be wrong it's the weatherman! :)

Maybe, but the temps are already falling and we seem to have flurries starting now. This wasn't supposed to happen until late afternoon. That could be good though, get it over with?

Maybe, but the temps are already falling and we seem to have flurries starting now. This wasn't supposed to happen until late afternoon. That could be good though, get it over with?
Beats me.....we like to say here in Ohio that if you don't like the weather.....wait a few minutes....it will change.

So, in your opinion. My friends and I are looking to come to Colorado next summer in July. We have been on vrbo looking at houses to rent and like Idaho Springs, Georgetown, and Blackhawk areas. Do you have any expertise on those areas?

What are you planning to do while in CO? (I ask so as to provide a better reply)

I'd love to come out to CO and do some riding but I'm afraid there's not much here in flatland that would prepare me either for the grades or the altitude.

Brrrr it's cold here too! Got down to 35 last nite but it warms up to the 60's during the day. Had to put in a higher watt bulb in my chicken coop to keep all my girls warm for the next month or so. The cold weather sweetens my kale and the spinach and lettuce don't seem to mind. It makes my pequin peppers milder but I got a good crop this fall that's drying now. They'll melt your face for about 20 min with one bite. Tomatoes are ripening and should be done by Jan. and if I can keep the Jan-Feb frost off of my little tomato plants I should have a lot of early girls and romas come April. The bite has slowed at the lake and it's gold panning time since the snakes are all asleep. But I bruised a rib a while ago and wouldn't be able to physically shovel and classify material. So I think I'll just hunker down for a few weeks and listen to you guys/girls talk about that big chunk of snow and ice that forms behind your rear tires. LOL!

My feet haven't been in snow for 30 yrs. I get cold at 60 deg.

Winter means different things to different people.

It'll be you guys. Deserts ain't shit.

You're correct! Winter, spring and late fall are great. But just like up north in the winter you need to be ready for June thru Sept in the desert. If you don't respect it, it will kill you.

You're the biggest pussy on this board.

Don't quite agree with your pussy comment since you are one of the most ignorant people I've ever had the misfortune to come across. Gotta be tough to live in AZ and not go from air conditioning to air conditioning like many here do. I do like pussy though.

You're correct! Winter, spring and late fall are great. But just like up north in the winter you need to be ready for June thru Sept in the desert. If you don't respect it, it will kill you.
Yeah, I've played that game in rougher deserts than America has to offer.

Back