Blue makeover to fix Windows 8 flaws

So they're making it prettier?

It sucks.

IE won't work on it.

Firefox constantly crashes.

I finally downloaded Google Chrome. So far so good as long as I don't type fast.

It sucks.

IE won't work on it.

I finally downloaded Google Chrome. So far so good as long as I don't type fast.

I have had no problems with it whatsoever, it works fantastically on my 'puter...

Use Linux like I do, it is much faster and just works.

How tom sees himself:

linux_user_at_best_buy.png

one would think that win95 would have taught people to NEVER go with a first edition of a new MS OS, and then vista, and now 8. guess some people are just born to remain stupid.

If you buy a new laptop you don't have much choice unless you revert to W7 or put Linux on instead.

My youngest son bought himself a new laptop for his computer science course degree course and the first thing he did was dual boot Win 8 with Zorin OS 6. He used to be a real MS fanboi but now that Steam for Linux has been released he hardly ever uses Windows.

How can anyone be a ms fanboy let alone a "fanboy" of what is essentially the default world operating system

It sucks.

IE won't work on it.

Internet Explorer doesn't work on Windows 8? You do realize that that is Microsoft's flagship browser and there's no way they'd release an operating system without extending IE compatibility to it? Are you sure this isn't user error?

Also, constantly crashing is one of the things Firefox does.

Internet Explorer doesn't work on Windows 8? You do realize that that is Microsoft's flagship browser and there's no way they'd release an operating system without extending IE compatibility to it? Are you sure this isn't user error?

Also, constantly crashing is one of the things Firefox does.

IE is slow and unresponding, crashes often. I've never had a problem with Firefox before Windows 8. Used it for years. After it started crashing on me I googled problems with it and they're all over the internet.

Firefox is supposed to be working on a fix.

Back