Bring Back The Security Counsel!

/MSG/

Uwaa OmO
Any FPers remember it? And remember the time I ran against Watermark for a position and lost?

In the first election I won a libertarian seat with warren, primarily because we both told everyone that voting for the guy that everyone knew was going to win was pointless because he was so obviously going to win. In the second election I won because I told the administrator that I accidentally registered as a conservative candidate, and he accidentally reset the entire system and fucked up and everyone had to resubmit their candidacy, and I registered as a conservative again because I would be one of two candidates in the new field and would be assured election.

You dirty proles don't deserve the guy you want anyway. I should always be elected. That's my philosophy.

lol oh dear. please no.

seriously, lets make a forum and elect representatives for different viewpoints, then come to a super majority vote on who is the most legiony. Then pass the vote, then send it up to damocles myself beefy and soc, and ONLY THEN IF we approve it, we will give you permission to either ignore the now designated troll or keep things as they are.

reeeeetaaaaaaaaarded.

100% serious, i would sooner support everyone being mods then a security council.

Think of it, everyone has power to delete posts, close threads, etc. Total self policing. We can make everyone regular mods (I am a supermod fyi) and we can still keep the more important things like personal information issues away from prying eyes.

We make it so regular mods can't see ips. So no worry there. Maybe no access to backend so no forum changes and stuff. Just the basic useful things like deletions, closing threads, moving threads . . .

The site keeps logs so if people start abusing it, they lose the privilege

trolls can't be mods. Only users with like > 500 posts or something.

Anyway, it'll probably never happen O_O

100% serious, i would sooner support everyone being mods then a security council.

Think of it, everyone has power to delete posts, close threads, etc. Total self policing. We can make everyone regular mods (I am a supermod fyi) and we can still keep the more important things like personal information issues away from prying eyes.

We make it so regular mods can't see ips. So no worry there. Maybe no access to backend so no forum changes and stuff. Just the basic useful things like deletions, closing threads, moving threads . . .

The site keeps logs so if people start abusing it, they lose the privilege

trolls can't be mods. Only users with like > 500 posts or something.

Anyway, it'll probably never happen O_O

People would delete posts and close threads of opposing viewpoints. The first time somebody of one side did this, a person of the other side would retaliate, and soon the entire site would be on lockdown.

I ran on a platform of opening up debate in the security council so that the proles could see it. SR refused to do that because the debates in the security council needed to be kept secret because they contained sensitive information about the site. He was just bringing his insane neoconservative viewpoints wherever he went.

I think everyone being a mod would be awesome to do for a day.

Or we could just make me a mod.

FPSC was one of the most hilarious things in the history of P/FP/JPP. I was surprised at how much everyone actually hated it, though. I just thought it was funny, and that SR was being silly, but people got really pissed about it.

It was also funny how people like Blackflag ran for office on the pledge that they would vote NO on every issue, because SR was requiring unanimous votes.

FPSC was one of the most hilarious things in the history of P/FP/JPP. I was surprised at how much everyone actually hated it, though. I just thought it was funny, and that SR was being silly, but people got really pissed about it.

It was also funny how people like Blackflag ran for office on the pledge that they would vote NO on every issue, because SR was requiring unanimous votes.

Nah, I think that by this point he had gone legitimately insane. He paid a programmer money to come in and write the code for the thing. He was perfectly serious in all of his posts.

Oh, no, I was aware that SR was totally serious about it, but as he was acting silly from my perspective, that's how I tend to describe him. The FPSC was one of several straws over which people fled the site, beginning with the New Year's Shutdown and subsequent changes (no images, restricted BBcode, banning trolls, forced reregistrations), then the FPSC, and finally the U2U Crisis, where Grind outed SR and Brent led a revolution.

I really can't imagine a worse site admin than SR. Remember, we were all planning to have a standby site to flee to in case SR went nuts. No one's ever talked like that about Damo. SR was a special case.

SR ran the best political site on the interwebs from April 2005 to December 2006. You can't take that away from him, WM. One thing I will always miss is the FP Poll feature, because it was too complicated for all the proles to understand, and so every other poll was riddled with non-options, which I would then vote for.

Back