Britons better off

Analysts at the Oxford Economics consultancy claim that increasing incomes, free healthcare and longer holidays make the average Briton better off than his or her US counterpart.

"The UK has been catching up steadily with living standards in the US since 2001, so it is a well-established trend rather than simply the result of currency fluctuations," commented Adrian Cooper, managing director of Oxford Economics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/yourview/1574827/Would-you-rather-live-in-the-UK-or-the-US.html

Analysts at the Oxford Economics consultancy claim that increasing incomes, free healthcare and longer holidays make the average Briton better off than his or her US counterpart.

"The UK has been catching up steadily with living standards in the US since 2001, so it is a well-established trend rather than simply the result of currency fluctuations," commented Adrian Cooper, managing director of Oxford Economics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/yourview/1574827/Would-you-rather-live-in-the-UK-or-the-US.html

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

If posting an article that happens to be favorable to Britain with no nasty commentary is considered trolling, I say bring on the trolls!

To be fair, Legion has many different posting IDs hence the name. You might also have noticed that the article was dated January 2008 before the financial meltdown had really taken root. Oh happy days!!

Last edited:
To be fair, Legion has many different posting IDs hence the name. You might also have noticed that the article was dated January 2008 before the financial meltdown had really taken root. Oh happy days!!

I was wondering how you knew; but I know I'm waaaaay new here, I'm still figuring out who is who is who....

It's old, it's outdated.
The UK is miserable, the economy sucks, the people shuffle around complaining about their benefit cuts whilst smoking roll ups and spitting.
I noticed the whiney misery was markedly reduced in Scotland.
People were just as poor but not so miserable, no whining that the government should do more!!
Many digging in their heals and leaning in to it, doing it for themselves!

How an oppressive nanny state destroys!

Liberals want to bring the same destructive bullshit to America!!

What is it liberals say?

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world, I hope you will join me as we try to change it"!

which party has crashed the world economy twice in one lifetime?

man am I sick of the fantasy world the right lives in

I can see that being true. But how far did the American standard of living have to fall so that the UK could start to catch up?

Oh stop. You make stuff up. Do yourself a favor since you love the Google so much. Google Hoover's policies after the 1929 crash and see what policies he instituted. Come back and tell me if they were free market laissezfaire policies or not.

You and your phony memes

Your right, the liberals did crash the world economy at least twice!!
Under carter and under Sotoro/Dunham/Obama!

Why all the aliases?
Don't criminals tend to use many aliases.................

That is why our puppet government is so determined to destroy everything that makes the UK worth living in.

Your right, the liberals did crash the world economy at least twice!!
Under carter and under Sotoro/Dunham/Obama!

Why all the aliases?
Don't criminals tend to use many aliases.................

lying about history didn't give Robmoney his 5 % win like rove told you huh?

rewriting history so you can remain stupid is pretty stupid

lying about history didn't give Robmoney his 5 % win like rove told you huh?

rewriting history so you can remain stupid is pretty stupid

Relevance?
I was never a Romney supporter, was a vocal opponent of Bush.

Carter fucked up the economy.
Mr Dunham/Sotoro/Obama did too.

Bush was too liberal and spent too much.
Not as much as the guy with all the AKAs.

Back