Brittney Murphy dead at 32...

Man, I totally suck at pop culture. I don't have the foggiest clue who that is.

I really need to start reading "People" next time I'm at the Dentist, and get myself hip.

It's very sad, especially at such a young age. An actor, whether we realize it or not, means a great deal to many people because it is a face they see many times over the years. They're part of the stories we enjoy and we depend on them in a way.

Acting is a lifelong journey. As a person changes, their career can change, and so I suppose we'll never know what she may have gone on to do.

I don't know her any better than anyone else, but this story was a little strange to hear today because in June I "acted" in a scene with her.

It was just extra work for a small thriller she was doing, but since they were just shooting small pieces of transitional material, only she and I were in it. We did a series of shots in a hospital...she'd go out of an elevator, I'd go in, she'd go into the hall, I'd be walking past. That kind of stuff.

I only worked on that show that one day, so I almost didn't talk to her at all. But just from seeing her interacting with people, and coming from her trailer to set, she seemed very down to earth and friendly. Her husband too, who was around that day, and he must be having the worst time of his life right now.

I think she thought I was a struggling actor, because she was very nice after we were done and told me what a great job I did, when all I really did was walk around in scrubs.

I guess I'm not sure what will happen to that film now, if it will come out as a later time or what. But I suppose if I see it sometime down the road I'll certainly think of that day and the fact that this town lost not only a talent but seemingly a good all-around person. And folks with both of those often at least feel in short supply.

Last edited:
adam just be normal for once and write a one sentence post saying "that sucks" or something. i predict you are the most tl:dr'd person on this site O_O no offense <3

It's very sad, especially at such a young age. An actor, whether we realize it or not, means a great deal to many people because it is a face they see many times over the years. They're part of the stories we enjoy and we depend on them in a way.

Acting is a lifelong journey. As a person changes, their career can change, and so I suppose we'll never know what she may have gone on to do.

I don't know her any better than anyone else, but this story was a little strange to hear today because in June I "acted" in a scene with her.

It was just extra work for a small thriller she was doing, but since they were just shooting small pieces of transitional material, only she and I were in it. We did a series of shots in a hospital...she'd go out of an elevator, I'd go in, she'd go into the hall, I'd be walking past. That kind of stuff.

I only worked on that show that one day, so I almost didn't talk to her at all. But just from seeing her interacting with people, and coming from her trailer to set, she seemed very down to earth and friendly. Her husband too, who was around that day, and he must be having the worst time of his life right now.

I think she thought I was a struggling actor, because she was very nice after we were done and told me what a great job I did, when all I really did was walk around in scrubs.

I guess I'm not sure what will happen to that film now, if it will come out as a later time or what. But I suppose if I see it sometime down the road I'll certainly think of that day and the fact that this town lost not only a talent but seemingly a good all-around person. And folks with both of those often at least feel in short supply.

Well said, Adam.

Despite what Grind posted, I see your posts as clearly written and well thout out.

εxoendo;571336 said:
adam just be normal for once and write a one sentence post saying "that sucks" or something. i predict you are the most tl:dr'd person on this site O_O no offense <3

Probably. So what? Their loss.

My threads are still usually successful and attract attention from the right people. I'm not trying to impress or attract lazy people who don't have the attention span to see what anyone else has to say.

I may write long posts, but I read everyone else's stuff considerably more than I write my own. That's why I have so few posts even though I've been here from the beginning.

My threads are still usually successful and attract attention from the right people. I'm not trying to impress or attract lazy people who don't have the attention span to see what anyone else has to say.

I may write long posts, but I read everyone else's stuff considerably more than I write my own. That's why I have so few posts even though I've been here from the beginning.
No one will ever mistake you for Dixie, Adam. LOL

I can't give you another rep yet so :)

TLDR

Back