Bruising: IV

Lord Yurt

Lord Yurt will suffice
Is it normal to have 1-2 inch bruising around where I had an IV on Monday? Google didn't help and I hate hospitals and don't want to go back.

If it is normal, I'm chill. If not, I'm going to cut my arm off. Or go back to the hospital.

I rarely go to hospitals, I just don't recall such bruising. In Laxhool I got super sick and had to be admitted to the ER and they hooked me up, but I don't remember any bruising.

A little worried.

Is it normal to have 1-2 inch bruising around where I had an IV on Monday? Google didn't help and I hate hospitals and don't want to go back.

If it is normal, I'm chill. If not, I'm going to cut my arm off. Or go back to the hospital.

Yes,it's normal,especially if the girl putting it in,had trouble.

Don't worry, they'll cut it off for you if you don't die first. It's all good.

They normally have trouble with me and I end up with plenty of bruising. I always try to get them to put it on the back of my hand anymore. Much easier to handle and with less hair pull.

They normally have trouble with me and I end up with plenty of bruising. I always try to get them to put it on the back of my hand anymore. Much easier to handle and with less hair pull.

This is my first time ever bruising. And it is exactly where they put every IV needle. I've given blood, had IV's for surgery, but never this bruising.

I am not making a joke, I really do hate going to hospitals and was hoping to find an answer on the internet.

Mahalo

This is my first time ever bruising. And it is exactly where they put every IV needle. I've given blood, had IV's for surgery, but never this bruising.

I am not making a joke, I really do hate going to hospitals and was hoping to find an answer on the internet.

Mahalo

It happens occasionally. Nothing to be concerned about unless it doesn't start going away in a few days or so.
I'm not a fan of hospitals and I despise needles, but you gotta do what you gotta do. You be fine.

honestly i feel like every other week there is something wrong with me and being a complete hypochondriac I always think it's something that is going to kill me. A couple of weeks ago my arm was numb all the time and tingling... i figured it was just being on the computer too much lol. It went away. Before that my thigh had a stabbing pain for like 2 weeks, then it went away. My body is fucking retarded.

my new rule is... wait 2 weeks before worrying.

honestly i feel like every other week there is something wrong with me and being a complete hypochondriac I always think it's something that is going to kill me. A couple of weeks ago my arm was numb all the time and tingling... i figured it was just being on the computer too much lol. It went away. Before that my thigh had a stabbing pain for like 2 weeks, then it went away. My body is fucking retarded.

my new rule is... wait 2 weeks before worrying.
I hope you never get old. 24/7 pain and now there are no pain pills for any chronic pain =or acute for that matter..weed is helpful and no where near effective.
NSAIDs kill your liver...so we live in pain

It happens occasionally. Nothing to be concerned about unless it doesn't start going away in a few days or so.
I'm not a fan of hospitals and I despise needles, but you gotta do what you gotta do. You be fine.

It has been since Monday.

I hope you never get old. 24/7 pain and now there are no pain pills for any chronic pain =or acute for that matter..weed is helpful and no where near effective.
NSAIDs kill your liver...so we live in pain

wtf no pills for the pain? that would piss me off.

I don't think so, pretty much static or so it seems to me. My dog keeos licking it. I think she is just trying to take care of me.

I wouldn't worry. Sometimes a little more blood comes out of the vein when the needle is pulled, and IV needles are a bit larger than needles used to take blood. If it doesn't hurt and it isn't getting red, you'll be fine and it'll go away.

I wouldn't worry. Sometimes a little more blood comes out of the vein when the needle is pulled, and IV needles are a bit larger than needles used to take blood. If it doesn't hurt and it isn't getting red, you'll be fine and it'll go away.

So if I get hit over the head with a shovel vs a spoon, I'm all good...

Back