Bush apologist/Fox "newsman" John Gibson misses the irony

The ones who said, "These theatres won't play it! It's Censorship!"

I can't remember which theatres chose not to show the Bush Crockumentary, but I do remember some cries of censorship.

I don't recall any rational people making such claims.

I grow weary of baseless 'devil's advocate'/you did it too! remarks...

The ones who said, "These theatres won't play it! It's Censorship!"

I can't remember which theatres chose not to show the Bush Crockumentary, but I do remember some cries of censorship.

Really. I don't even remember anyone mentioning that anyone was refusing to play his movie.

Really. I don't even remember anyone mentioning that anyone was refusing to play his movie.

I have found that the memories of those on the right get a little fuzzy as time goes by, as in "it was a resolution for war," or "all the Democrats supported invasion in the beginning"...

Funny... when Michael Moores pieces of shit, I mean "documentaries" (read fictionalization, a.k.a. pieces of shit) came out... it was all a cry of censorship.... when in reality it was an owner of a business deciding not to show the pieces of shit.

OK. What does that have to do with me? Michael Moore chose to contract with a certain company to distribute his film. That the company refused to do so was an issue between MM and the distributor. I wasn't crying about it.

It's funny that you mention Michael Moore though. The company that he was crying foul about was Mirimax, a Disney subsidiary. ABC, the company John Gibson is crying about is, waitforit . . . waitforit . . . waitforit . . . a Disney subsidiary.

Umm don't paint too broad of a swath there, I do not believe I cried censorship about MM's film. Actually the only MM film I have seen is supersize me.

My point is that at that time Damo said it was the stations right not to show it and not censorchip, now it is different though....somehow....
flip flip flip

While MM is certainly supersized... he did not make super size me. That was another guy.

I have found that the memories of those on the right get a little fuzzy as time goes by, as in "it was a resolution for war," or "all the Democrats supported invasion in the beginning"...

Right...don't forget the classic "but everybody was convinced he had wmd's"

OK. What does that have to do with me? Michael Moore chose to contract with a certain company to distribute his film. That the company refused to do so was an issue between MM and the distributor. I wasn't crying about it.

It's funny that you mention Michael Moore though. The company that he was crying foul about was Mirimax, a Disney subsidiary. ABC, the company John Gibson is crying about is, waitforit . . . waitforit . . . waitforit . . . a Disney subsidiary.
There it is...

Yes. There were quite a few crying "censorship" at that time as well.

Morgan Sprelock did "Supersize me."

Great doc - as were F 9/11 & Bowling for Columbine (and Roger & Me, for that matter...)

Morgan Sprelock did "Supersize me."

Great doc - as were F 9/11 & Bowling for Columbine (and Roger & Me, for that matter...)

I agree that Supersize me was a great doc, although it made me sick watching him eat that crap all the time.

F9/11 was a piece of shit propaganda hitjob.

Bowling for Columbine was worse. He took the tragedy here in Littleton and turned it into a bullshit hitjob on the NRA.

He deliberately misleads the audience in both pieces of shit.

I agree with Damo and think the hard time he is recieving is because of the subject rather than the explanation. If there is only one source that can distribute a DVD, and that one source refuses to do so for political reasons, I would consider it censorship. Of course, they have every right to do so and I could care less because I wouldn't want to see it anyways. But if I did, how could I?

If there are multiple sources, then I have options to get that DVD somewhere else and i am not being completely censored. The Dixie Chicks is a different scenario, and I laughed at all the rednecks that were protesting them and radio stations not playing them. I went to Best Buy and bought a CD of theirs. I wasn't censored from them.

Back