Bush Heads Back to Office

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
......after his quarterly 2-month vacation.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/03/bush/index.html

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- As he prepares to deal with a Congress in opposition hands for the first time since he arrived in the Oval Office, President Bush is asking Congress to extend tax cuts and approve line-item veto power for the White House."

I fully support the line item veto.

I also, think there should be a line item vote on all legislation that is passed through congress. i.e. If you want to pass tax cuts but you don't want to support a bridge to nowhere. Certain provisions don't pass they should be eliminated from the bill. If one provision is passed that is dependent on another that has failed then they should have to resubmit that bill.

......after his quarterly 2-month vacation.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/03/bush/index.html

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- As he prepares to deal with a Congress in opposition hands for the first time since he arrived in the Oval Office, President Bush is asking Congress to extend tax cuts and approve line-item veto power for the White House."

I fully support the line item veto.

I also, think there should be a line item vote on all legislation that is passed through congress. i.e. If you want to pass tax cuts but you don't want to support a bridge to nowhere. Certain provisions don't pass they should be eliminated from the bill. If one provision is passed that is dependent on another that has failed then they should have to resubmit that bill.

I especially like the line item voting. Even more so if they were on record for each of the votes on the legislation. There would be so much less crappy hogwash added to bills if they had to be on record for each of those things...

I especially like the line item voting. Even more so if they were on record for each of the votes on the legislation. There would be so much less crappy hogwash added to bills if they had to be on record for each of those things...

Agreed. Do you think that they personally have to be there to vote on something. Congressmen miss a lot of votes because they are (supposedly) working with their constituents. I'm thinking they should be able to vote via webcam or have a staff member vote for them.

Agreed. Do you think that they personally have to be there to vote on something. Congressmen miss a lot of votes because they are (supposedly) working with their constituents. I'm thinking they should be able to vote via webcam or have a staff member vote for them.

Oh just let them appoint a lobbyist to vote for them. It would cut out the middleman (congressperson) :D

They could easily set up a secure system with key cards where they could pretty much vote anywhere as long as there was a connection...

Nothing wrong with using modern technology. I think they don't do this so they can avoid some of the more nasty votes that might hurt them in the future.

Oh just let them appoint a lobbyist to vote for them. It would cut out the middleman (congressperson) :D

LOL true.

Damocles said:
They could easily set up a secure system with key cards where they could pretty much vote anywhere as long as there was a connection...

Agreed, its not like they couldn't check the records to confirm what their vote was. But I'm afraid you may be right. I think they like the current system because it allows them to be lazy. God forbid the lazy fat b@stards have to do actual work rather than spew rhetoric all d@mn day.

"Agreed. Do you think that they personally have to be there to vote on something. Congressmen miss a lot of votes because they are (supposedly) working with their constituents. I'm thinking they should be able to vote via webcam or have a staff member vote for them."

Disagree slightly. I have no problem with them voting offsite somehow. But in no way should a staff member vote for them. Because then they have someone to blame for entering the wrong vote if their constituents get pissed at them.

"Agreed. Do you think that they personally have to be there to vote on something. Congressmen miss a lot of votes because they are (supposedly) working with their constituents. I'm thinking they should be able to vote via webcam or have a staff member vote for them."

Disagree slightly. I have no problem with them voting offsite somehow. But in no way should a staff member vote for them. Because then they have someone to blame for entering the wrong vote if their constituents get pissed at them.

I think it could be done just fine so long as there was writing from the congressperson themselves stating how they were going to vote. You're right they would try ot pass the buck though.

"I think it could be done just fine so long as there was writing from the congressperson themselves stating how they were going to vote. You're right they would try ot pass the buck though."

Ok... as long as we have a paper trail I am good with the idea. It now has my divine approval.

It now has my divine approval.
divine.jpg

I think it could be done just fine so long as there was writing from the congressperson themselves stating how they were going to vote. You're right they would try ot pass the buck though.

i dissagree... the congressperson needs to be the one to vote... its their job... that would be like me asking the janitor too fix our computer issues...

i like the tech approch better, but to just let someone else do what is probably the most important part of their job, is just asking for problems

Back