Bush In League With Terrorists

If you think terrorist are a threat then you do something about it. Which is what Bush is doing. You say that Bush is scaring people by saying that terrorist are a threat.

If you think terrorist are a threat then you do something about it. Which is what Bush is doing. You say that Bush is scaring people by saying that terrorist are a threat.
Gasp... I read "threat" in that post like twice! Are you trying to scare me?!!

Bush and the terrorists both want the American people to be afraid and to act out of that fear. They may have different objectives but the means but they are using the same tools to get there... fear and threat of injury.

Bush and the terrorists both want the American people to be afraid and to act out of that fear. They may have different objectives but the means but they are using the same tools to get there... fear and threat of injury.
This is the equivalent of saying that Firefighters who tell you to wear a seatbelt are "terrorists" because they warn of injury if you happen to have an accident.

A doctor who prescribes medication for high colesterol is also a terrorist as he warns against threat of a painful heart attack...

Doctors are all terrorists because they use the fact that you can get sick without their help to get you to take innoculations! Those evil people!

A doctor who prescribes medication for high colesterol is also a terrorist as he warns against threat of a painful heart attack...

Doctors are all terrorists because they use the fact that you can get sick without their help to get you to take innoculations! Those evil people!

The first part is true, since diet in most cases, is a better way to control cholesterol than medication, but Americans don't want to give up high fat, high cholesterol foods for organic fruits and vegetables.

There may be more truth to this second statement here than you know, especially since some doctors are now claiming that all you need is prayer and you get a special get out of the hospital free card, from God, of course, as soon as he gets done talking to Bush and Osama...

Yes, there are plenty of people pushing fear, the first instance we have in modern advertising was the creation of the bad breath disease halitosis as a way to get people to use mouth wash...

And who came up with advertising campaign that changed the course of American advertising forever? None other than Edward Bernays, nephew to Sigmund Freud, who for years sat at the table with his famous uncle listening to harrowing tales of people controlled by their fears. Funny what a big role Freud's discoveries are playing in America today isn't it...some might even say Ironic.

The comparison is weak at best. The terrorist blows a person up and says they will stop doing that if all the other people do as they say, the doctor warns of bad habits and gives needed medication... The two are separate entities.

Bush is more like a car advertiser talking up the new safety features on the vehicle and how they work, but not yet perfectly. A terrorist is out making a new bomb to blow up more children on a bus in Israel.... The two do not operate on the same level and the comparison is spurious at best.

The comparison is weak at best. The terrorist blows a person up and says they will stop doing that if all the other people do as they say, the doctor warns of bad habits and gives needed medication... The two are separate entities.

Bush is more like a car advertiser talking up the new safety features on the vehicle and how they work, but not yet perfectly. A terrorist is out making a new bomb to blow up more children on a bus in Israel.... The two do not operate on the same level and the comparison is spurious at best.

If the comparison was so "weak" and "spurious" then why did you make it originally??? Or is it only weak and spurious when I play along with it.

And if that comparison is "weak" and "spurious" why not the Bush as car advertiser comparison??? What safety feature on any car corresponds with "we are fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here"???

If the comparison was so "weak" and "spurious" then why did you make it originally??? Or is it only weak and spurious when I play along with it.

And if that comparison is "weak" and "spurious" why not the Bush as car advertiser comparison??? What safety feature on any car corresponds with "we are fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here"???
No, the comparison of Bush to Terrorists... I was making fascetious comments that were clearly along the same lines...

That last "we are fighting them there" thing is not what he has been saying. He has been saying. "We improved our Security measures, this way, that way, etc. It makes you safer, this way, that way, etc." The car manufacturer says, "We improved your safety features by adding this feature, it makes you safer this way."

The analogy is much better than the Bush/Terrorist analogy for the reason prescribed.

The terrorist actually creates the danger, the other simply warns of the danger and explains what they have done to secure against it.

Get upset as you wish, but the analogy in the original post is spurious at best, and directly disingenuous if not spurious.

I'll be back Prakosh, if you wish to continue this silly comparison we can. I have to go and coach my daughter's soccer team...

Back