Bushisms

Yeah he did in the popular vote .. but Al Gore lost not because of Florida.. but because he screwd up his own state of Tennessee .... if he had won Tennessee we wouldnt be talking about GW today ..

Gore won Florida. When the newspaperconsortium finished its recount of the Florida ballots, Gore won, no matter what standard was used with regard to the chads. All those "spontaneous" protests to stop the recount were GOP congressional staffers, flown down to Florida and being paid not only their salaries, but a travel per diem as well, with public funds.

Yeah he did in the popular vote .. but Al Gore lost not because of Florida.. but because he screwd up his own state of Tennessee .... if he had won Tennessee we wouldnt be talking about GW today ..

He had little chance of winning Tennessee. Anyway, GW didn't win because he picked up more small states. In fact, if you went and checked and directly weighted each persons vote in each state to that states amount of electors in the electoral college, Al Gore would still be the winner. The extra weight guranteed to small states shouldn't tip the scales. What happened, however, was that George Bush got a few thousand votes in big-state Florida, so he won. Kind of a perverted result, in my opinion.

Gore won Florida. When the newspaperconsortium finished its recount of the Florida ballots, Gore won, no matter what standard was used with regard to the chads. All those "spontaneous" protests to stop the recount were GOP congressional staffers, flown down to Florida and being paid not only their salaries, but a travel per diem as well, with public funds.

We can debate about Florida forever ... my point was (and this will answer Watermark as well) had Gore spent more time in Tennessee and won the state as he should have... (well liked as a House Member and Senator)Florida would be an after thought today.

This is how popular Gore was in Tennesee; 24 years ago in his first run for Congress, Gore won an overwhelming 94 percent of the vote. His dominance was such that he ran unopposed for his next two House terms. And when he ran for his second term in the Senate in 2000, Gore became the first statewide candidate in Tennessee's history to take all 95 counties! Why did he lose Tennessee? Some say it was because he changed his stance on Gun Control and abortion, but I think it was because he spent very little time campaigning in Tennessee... blame his handlers for that one.
I read where Gore was devesated that he lost his Home state.. more so than anything else.

Since when does a Newspaper Consortium have any legal say in who wins or loses an election? The last I heard they were not independent nor were they elected official charged with the determination of who wins or loses an election. Have we given this power to the news media without me knowing it?

Immie

You had my respect up unitl you said .... "not because Kerry was so bad " now you talk about being intellectually lazy? ROFLMAO!!!

Kerry was not the only other person running, yet you and your bretheren felt as though you HAD to vote for Bush in order to keep him out of office. He didn't really run on his success or lack there of, he and his spinmeisters had you fearing Kerry. Had you collectively stood back and realized Bush was not your only other alternative, perhaps we'd have someone competent or at least not as incompetant as Bush in office.

Kerry was not the only other person running, yet you and your bretheren felt as though you HAD to vote for Bush in order to keep him out of office. He didn't really run on his success or lack there of, he and his spinmeisters had you fearing Kerry. Had you collectively stood back and realized Bush was not your only other alternative, perhaps we'd have someone competent or at least not as incompetant as Bush in office.

No.. nobody's spinmeisters had me fearing Kerry..., I made the decision all on my own. I know well of Kerry and his background .. even before he ran for President. He is a lying schmuck, forever taking credit for other people work and idea's .. plain and simple. He is a douche bag! If Im going to vote bad over bad ... Im going to vote for the bad that is saying a few things that I beleive in.....
And you voted for Kerry why ... to vote against Bush? Dont be a hypocrite Lady T.

No.. nobody's spinmeisters had me fearing Kerry..., I made the decision all on my own. I know well of Kerry and his background .. even before he ran for President. He is a lying schmuck, forever taking credit for other people work and idea's .. plain and simple. He is a douche bag! If Im going to vote bad over bad ... Im going to vote for the bad that is saying a few things that I beleive in.....
And you voted for Kerry why ... to vote against Bush? Dont be a hypocrite Lady T.

Kerry was a good candidate and he did not preceed his candidacy with hoards of failures. It was quite evident Bush was not fit to hold that office in 2004, and despite that fact you still voted for him. BTW, thanks a lot that turned out real well for us. I'll admit that after the election, I did lose my affinity towards Kerry, but not because he is an incompetant boob like the guy you voted for.

"And you voted for Kerry why ... to vote against Bush? Dont be a hypocrite Lady T."

Bingo!

Don't get me wrong, I was definitely an ABBer and I still think just about anyone would be more equipped to run the country than Bush. And I do mean just about anyone. But I voted for Kerry because he was a good candidate at the time and he is not the massive joke you cons like to pretend he was. You just tell yourselves that to make you feel a little less guilty for putting Bush into office.

Lady T,
Yes there is still a lot of denial going on with the embaressed Bush supporters.
It is difficult for them to admit how badly they messed up.
Therefore it has to be someone elses fault.

Lady T,
Yes there is still a lot of denial going on with the embaressed Bush supporters.
It is difficult for them to admit how badly they messed up.
Therefore it has to be someone elses fault.

That is right. It is all your fault. :)

Sounds good to me.

Immie

:) Sure I can accept the blame :)

Guess I should have run for presuident to give you bush supporters a better choice ROFLMAO

:) Sure I can accept the blame :)

Guess I should have run for presuident to give you bush supporters a better choice ROFLMAO

I think I would have voted for you. No, on second thought, I would not wish that job on my worst enemy so I would do you a favor and not vote for you... Brent! Want to be president? hehe j/k.

Immie

Good point Immie, what honest sane person would want the job ?
Brent would fit right in :)

Last edited:
Back