By any other name.

You speak with the pride in willful ignorance and prejudice that is the very reason why this country is so stymied when it comes to resolving social issues.

First off, you incorrectly invoke the label of "mob rule", for the "mob" would be the owners and fans who could give a damn about insulting/slurring the very existence of a section of the population so long as they feel good.

And since folk like you seem to derive self worth from maintaining a team name (with total indifference to how it affects others who are legitimately pointing to the racist history and origin of that team name), then you should be ignored (your rules, not mine).

And you should seek some therapy regarding your obvious insecurity about your masculinity, as you deem changing a name of a team that racially insults people akin to becoming a woman (which raises issues as to your hostility towards women).

Good ignore us and the name.

We win.

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
You speak with the pride in willful ignorance and prejudice that is the very reason why this country is so stymied when it comes to resolving social issues.

First off, you incorrectly invoke the label of "mob rule", for the "mob" would be the owners and fans who could give a damn about insulting/slurring the very existence of a section of the population so long as they feel good.

And since folk like you seem to derive self worth from maintaining a team name (with total indifference to how it affects others who are legitimately pointing to the racist history and origin of that team name), then you should be ignored (your rules, not mine).

And you should seek some therapy regarding your obvious insecurity about your masculinity, as you deem changing a name of a team that racially insults people akin to becoming a woman (which raises issues as to your hostility towards women).

Good ignore us and the name.

We win.

Obviously, you're of limited emotional and mental capability to discuss this issue beyond the 6th grade level. Until you grow up, I'll just ignore you.

most native americans don't have a problem with it. I just heard this through the grapevine from some poll. So really the outrage is just misplaced white guilt.

Respect the majority of the minority's wishes.

Go indians

Not quite

ENDING THE LEGACY OF RACISM IN SPORTS & THE ERA OF HARMFUL “INDIAN” SPORTS MASCOTS
National Congress of American Indians | October 2013

http://www.ncai.org/resources/ncai-p..._of_Racism.pdf

Back