Cali Pot dreams turn into public health nightmare

Celticguy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...l-cannabis-dream-public-health-nightmare.html

Everybody try to act surprised

A row of luxury 'healing' creams is guarded by a locked glass cabinet, gilded in gold trim.The packaging is stylishly minimal – clean and white with small black typeface – and beside the tubs sit decorative, artificial fruit and images of sprawling fields, with a small flyer to remind customers of the high-quality, organic nature of the products.
I spot one pot – a snip at $43, or roughly £35 – that is specifically designed for 'replenishing and rejuvenating' tissues in the, er, vagina. Alongside me, expensively dressed customers peruse the goods, clutching colourful iced smoothies and juices.

I'm in upmarket Beverly Hills in Los Angeles, California, in one of the area's many so-called 'wellness' shops, just a stone's throw from designer boutiques such as Gucci and Saint Laurent. It's a far cry from Holland & Barrett, not least because all the products here at the Serra boutique contain high-grade, genetically engineered cannabis.
There are balms and lotions, things to eat and, of course, to smoke. One display cabinet showcases dozens of dried cannabis flowers, each bud sitting in its own pretty porcelain dish, labelled according to its supposed benefit: happiness, creativity, relaxation.

Michelle Leopold, 57, from San Francisco, has fallen victim to the worst possible consequences of the normalisation of cannabis use. In 2019, her 18-year-old son Trevor (together, above) died after dabbling with prescription painkillers – and unwittingly taking a tablet of powerful opioid Fentanyl – following four years of addiction to cannabis
sorry, but I'm not seeing a valid connection between legalized marijuana and deaths from fentanyl.....

What's with you dumbasses posting that bogus Dailymail all the time. You did it, you failed, everybody point and shake their head before moving on.

totalitarians hate marijuana because it undoes brainwashing.

so of course globalist totalitarians hate weed.

it fails to take into acount weak willed people so what you suggest is true but most of the weak willed dont care about politics they just want to get stoned.

it takes a special kind of authoritarian to allow gambling, alcohol, tobacco, but not pot

anyway, the genie is out of the bottle and will not be going back in.

So you make it illegal (sorry, but that wouldn't work, see: prohibition). But why would you shut down the economy?

Im actually FOR legalizing all drugs and giving them away. I'm just not one to insist that they cause no harm. I have no issue with dead junkies as all I really want is to kill gangs.

This is the new tobacco of the 40's and 50's. This time it'll be pot. Give this 10 to 20 years and Marijuana will be right back where tobacco is now. It'll be a recognized health risk that causes not just cancer (when smoked in particular), but mental health issues, and other problems.

Just remember, back in the 50's tobacco was supposed to be healthy for you...

more-doctors-smoke-camels-23.jpg

This is the new tobacco of the 40's and 50's. This time it'll be pot. Give this 10 to 20 years and Marijuana will be right back where tobacco is now. It'll be a recognized health risk that causes not just cancer (when smoked in particular), but mental health issues, and other problems.

Just remember, back in the 50's tobacco was supposed to be healthy for you...

more-doctors-smoke-camels-23.jpg

How does marijuana cause cancer? Never heard of that.

How does marijuana cause cancer? Never heard of that.

Smoked, it contains all of the same chemicals of combustion of an organic material tobacco does. These vary some in percentage, but they're all there. Worse, marijuana is smoked unfiltered and closer to the butt of the joint meaning you get more of those chemicals inhaled.

Look up studies on the Māori of New Zealand. They are the heaviest consumers per person of marijuana on the planet. They also have the highest lung cancer rate, and an unusually high rate of bipolar / schizo-effective cases. This has been linked to their use of marijuana. And, no, they rarely are tobacco users.

In fact, some studies out of Britain suggest weight for weight marijuana is three times as carcinogenous as tobacco. I'm not defending tobacco here, but I also won't buy claims marijuana is harmless either.

Back