Cali Pot dreams turn into public health nightmare

Smoked, it contains all of the same chemicals of combustion of an organic material tobacco does. These vary some in percentage, but they're all there. Worse, marijuana is smoked unfiltered and closer to the butt of the joint meaning you get more of those chemicals inhaled.

Look up studies on the Māori of New Zealand. They are the heaviest consumers per person of marijuana on the planet. They also have the highest lung cancer rate, and an unusually high rate of bipolar / schizo-effective cases. This has been linked to their use of marijuana. And, no, they rarely are tobacco users.

In fact, some studies out of Britain suggest weight for weight marijuana is three times as carcinogenous as tobacco. I'm not defending tobacco here, but I also won't buy claims marijuana is harmless either.

Nobody smokes joints.

"up to" suggests its a matter of choice. dont think it works that way.

Shouldn't it be a matter of choice? Why do so many political activists on JPP believe only the Federal government should make that choice for all American citizens?

Shouldn't it be a matter of choice? Why do so many political activists on JPP believe only the Federal government should make that choice for all American citizens?
as I pointed out I would see all drugs legalized and given away so I dont care.
My point is that the arguments that pot is harmless are junk science.

as I pointed out I would see all drugs legalized and given away so I dont care.
My point is that the arguments that pot is harmless are junk science.

Meh. Water is dangerous and kills thousands every year.

I don't want to scare anyone, but life is dangerous and none of us are getting out alive. :)

I don't even think marijuana should be taxed, much less prohibited.

I think that it should be no more regulated than lettuce or spinach.

And I haven't smoked any for thirty-five years.

With a blunt you're inhaling cigar tobacco smoke and holding it in. That can't be good.

A blunt is just the--usually paper and cheap thin tobacco wrapper with pot packed inside it. The pot is the vast majority of the smoke, but the combination isn't any good for you in any case.

Would you say the same for say, tobacco or alcohol?

Tobacco is yesterday's news and primarily an export item now.
I have no strong opinion about it, having given it up in early 1994.

Alcohol taxes are already baked into the cake. No serious need to change them.

Legal marijuana is relatively new, and while taxes on it aren't completely out of line,
the concern is that the taxes will be set high enough to make illegal marijuana trafficking of less expensive, tax-free product still profitable,

Cali Pot dreams turn into public health nightmare

California's life expectancy is rising [pre-pandemic] faster than almost all the other states, at a time that Republicans have falling life expectancy. California literally has the opposite of a health nightmare.

sorry, but I'm not seeing a valid connection between legalized marijuana and deaths from fentanyl.....

I doubt anyone is.

Back