Can We All Agree...

But you've got Griffey back. Hasn't he made a difference?

He's a great motivation to Seattle, but its not like he's going to be belting 45+ homeruns in a season the way he used to. I'll be content if he hits over 20. I mean, I think it would be a waste if he is scheduled to play for the AL in the All-Star Game tomorrow, because I'm all about seeing the AL win and not honoring guys who "could have" still been all that if injuries and age hadn't plagued them. I mean, he'll still make the Hall of Fame anyway. But, yeah, its great to have him back in Seattle.

He's a great motivation to Seattle, but its not like he's going to be belting 45+ homeruns in a season the way he used to. I'll be content if he hits over 20. I mean, I think it would be a waste if he is scheduled to play for the AL in the All-Star Game tomorrow, because I'm all about seeing the AL win and not honoring guys who "could have" still been all that if injuries and age hadn't plagued them. I mean, he'll still make the Hall of Fame anyway. But, yeah, its great to have him back in Seattle.
How else could they disappoint? If he came back playing like he used to, you might not be disappointed and we all know Mariners fans are gluttons for punishment.

How else could they disappoint? If he came back playing like he used to, you might not be disappointed and we all know Mariners fans are gluttons for punishment.

Yeah, its only a matter of time before we get our version of Fever Pitch put up on the silver screen. :)

As a Reds fan (I grew up in west central Ohio when Griffey's dad was part of the Big Red Machine) I'd love to see him take the HR record. Probably won't happen but I'd love to see it.

Naaaa when it comes to rooting for a loser Mariner fans are spoiled by winning compared to Cub or Bengal fans.

From the second link: "SurRender", a commercial 3D rendering engine from Hybrid that was available in the late '90s, before being abandoned. See also: dPVS" - LOLZ

BTW - the Sweet Surrender link failed to mention its use in the great Aerosmith song, "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"...

This is just the songs named surrender and sweet surrender. There are many more songs that have that in their lyrics.

As a Reds fan (I grew up in west central Ohio when Griffey's dad was part of the Big Red Machine) I'd love to see him take the HR record. Probably won't happen but I'd love to see it.

He could have easily done it considering the way he performed over the last decade if he hadn't been so unhealthy. I mean, when he was in shape, he was still knocking 40+ homeruns for you guys.

Now, the only thing I am disappointed about is that he slumped after the All-Star break of 1998, and only hit 56 homeruns when Sosa and McGuire went on to hit 63 and 68 (both on roids, when Griffey was clean). If he would have kept playing like he did in the first half, he would have easily beaten Sosa and probably McGuire too...

Back