Canadian sniper kills ISIS fighter two miles away

cancel2 2022

Canceled
A Canadian sniper has beat the record for the longest confirmed kill in military history by picking off an ISIS fighter from a staggering 11,319 feet.

The bullet was fired from a McMillan TAC-50 rifle set on a high-rise tower and took 10 seconds to travel the 2.14 miles towards the fighter, who was attacking Iraqi soldiers.

This smashed the last record set by a Briton Craig Harrison, who killed a Taliban soldier with a 338 Lapua Magnum rifle at a range of 8,120 feet(1.54 miles) in 2009.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sniper-kills-ISIS-fighter-TWO-MILES-away.html
3b03463d3e079b15450ca4f23d46cf85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 25 GT Turbo

Last edited:
A Canadian sniper has beat the record for the longest confirmed kill in military history by picking off an ISIS fighter from a staggering 11,319 feet.

The bullet was fired from a McMillan TAC-50 rifle set on a high-rise tower and took 10 seconds to travel the 2.14 miles towards the fighter, who was attacking Iraqi soldiers.

This smashed the last record set by a Briton Craig Harrison, who killed a Taliban soldier with a 338 Lapua Magnum rifle at a range of 8,120 feet(1.54 miles) in 2009.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sniper-kills-ISIS-fighter-TWO-MILES-away.html
3b03463d3e079b15450ca4f23d46cf85.jpg

I read this on Drudge this morning. Ten seconds in the air. Terminal velocity must have been incredibly slow.

I read this on Drudge this morning. Ten seconds in the air. Terminal velocity must have been incredibly slow.
Yeah I don't believe that either. The Tac-50
has a muzzle velocity of over 2600 ft/sec, so it ought to cover a distance of 11,000 ft in a little over four seconds.

Yeah I don't believe that either. The Tac-50
has a muzzle velocity of over 2600 ft/sec, so it ought to cover a distance of 11,000 ft in a little over four seconds.

After two miles it's only travelling a small fraction of muzzle velocity. I'm a little surprised the bullet didn't just bounce off the guy.

After two miles it's only travelling a small fraction of muzzle velocity. I'm a little surprised the bullet didn't just bounce off the guy.

He fired from a high-rise tower so I imagine that gravity was a factor. It wouldn't have been possible on the level.

I read an article where they're working on a bullet that has identical abilities to some of our missiles.
The target gets "painted" by a spotter and then the bullet hit's the "painted' target.

This allows the shooter to be farther back from the spotter; plus it could allow the spotter to not even be a person.
It could be stationary set up or even some of those new miniature drones they've been working on, like a bee or a beetle. :D

He fired from a high-rise tower so I imagine that gravity was a factor. It wouldn't have been possible on the level.

Looking at the chart he shot upwards by a significant angle, like lobbing a basketball.

Looking at the chart he shot upwards by a significant angle, like lobbing a basketball.

At that distance, he would have had too.
Even if his target was at a lower position then he was at.

Still; awesome shot and I'll bet that there are some ISIS fighters who aren't sleeping really comfortable, tonight. :D

At 1500 yards a 660gr bullet from a 50 BMG still has 2000lbs of energy and is traveling at 1150ish feet per second.

Back