canned cocktails......

Single malt guy huh? That's great!

I'm kinda stuck on Chivas Regal 21 Royal Salute!

But then Dewar's 12 will do in a pinch for me.

I do prefer single malts, however, i've never had the chivas 21 royal........so may have to try that. never been a dewars fan.......

I also like glenfiddich and sometimes mcallan.

I hate beer in cans. Won't drink it.

Do mixed alcoholic drinks manage to avoid that aluminum flavor when served in cans? Beer and soda don't.

I suppose that it would be far too expensive to sell beverages in disposable stainless steel cans
but they'd taste a lot better.

In Asia, they sell coffee in cans.
As a coffee lover, I gag thinking about it.

I do prefer single malts, however, i've never had the chivas 21 royal........so may have to try that. never been a dewars fan.......

I also like glenfiddich and sometimes mcallan.

Some of the single-malts like Glen Moray are a little too overwhelmed with a smoked Peat flavor for my taste.

But not GlenLivit, GlenFiddich, Macallan, or Mackintosh. They are well rounded with Barley Fruit flavors. The very best single malts in my opinion.

Last edited:

Do mixed alcoholic drinks manage to avoid that aluminum flavor when served in cans? Beer and soda don't.

I suppose that it would be far too expensive to sell beverages in disposable stainless steel cans

I will occasionally buy a cocktail in a can.....only one. I've never found it to have the aluminum flavor like other drinks often do

15448924127262.png

When I brew beer, I only use Stainless Steel or Copper WORT Pots as Barley and Aluminum creates a chemical reaction in unpasteurized ales that is not good. I never pasteurize my beer, I never lager, and only use brown glass bottles for my finished product. I found that Brown glass bottles of ale stay fresh tasting for about a year- if stored at room temperature or refrigerated.

Last edited:
Scotch should be cut with cool (not cold) water (and no fucking ice!) to bring out its best, or so says the people I met touring The Macallan distillery... Anything else is just wrong, but I suppose straight is acceptable if you don't have some water...

The good scotch drinkers know that the ice absorbs the scotch meaning that after your drink is done that sucking the ice cubes keeps giving you a great refreshing taste.

Drinking scotch neat is purely for alchoholics

And drinking scotch with ice is cutting it with water as the ice melts

If there is an acidic pH involved then some aluminum ions will always get into the liquid. That's simple chemistry.

Back