Cats may need vaccination or culling, scientists say

Ask me if I care?

I think you do, because here you are. I refuse to believe you'd break the law without seeing evidence that you have.

Pennsylvania’s animal cruelty laws concern domestic or zoo animals. The law clearly states that a person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if he willfully and maliciously kills, maims, mutilates, tortures or disfigures any dog or cat whether belonging to himself or otherwise.

The word “otherwise” must mean a cat belonging to somebody else or belonging to nobody, which in turn must apply to feral cats and stray cats (Section 5511, cruelty to animals).

It is illegal to shoot feral cats in Pennsylvania. A Pennsylvania state website (extension.psu.edu) refers to invasive species. They say they can be pests. They list them. The feral cat is not on the list. Therefore feral cats are neither invasive species nor pests as listed by the authorities in the Keystone state and therefore cannot be dealt with as pests.

I think you do, because here you are. I refuse to believe you'd break the law without seeing evidence that you have.

Pennsylvania’s animal cruelty laws concern domestic or zoo animals. The law clearly states that a person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if he willfully and maliciously kills, maims, mutilates, tortures or disfigures any dog or cat whether belonging to himself or otherwise.

The word “otherwise” must mean a cat belonging to somebody else or belonging to nobody, which in turn must apply to feral cats and stray cats (Section 5511, cruelty to animals).

It is illegal to shoot feral cats in Pennsylvania. A Pennsylvania state website (extension.psu.edu) refers to invasive species. They say they can be pests. They list them. The feral cat is not on the list. Therefore feral cats are neither invasive species nor pests as listed by the authorities in the Keystone state and therefore cannot be dealt with as pests.

Uh, no, I don't. Except for the occasional speed limit laws, I'm a law abiding citizen.
There is no zoo animal problem out here (unless you count liberals). We don't shoot them.

I'll pay the fine, I can afford it, although I'll never get one because the cops here want them gone too. They hate animal nuisance calls.
Just about everyone out here want feral cats eliminated, especially farmers (even the ones who have cats). No one will be arrested out here anyway.

We have a list of pests out here too. Groundhogs are also on that list. Some use poison smoke bombs tossed in their holes that burn their lungs, causing
a long and painful death. I am NOT a fan of this option. A bullet is quick and painless, and myself, I only shoot them in farm fields, mostly in soybean
fields where they extremely destructive and their holes break farm machinery.

Uh, no, I don't. Except for the occasional speed limit laws, I'm a law abiding citizen. There is no zoo animal problem out here (unless you count liberals). We don't shoot them. I'll pay the fine, I can afford it, although I'll never get one because the cops here want them gone too. They hate animal nuisance calls. Just about everyone out here want feral cats eliminated, especially farmers (even the ones who have cats). No one will be arrested out here anyway. We have a list of pests out here too. Groundhogs are also on that list. Some use poison smoke bombs tossed in their holes that burn their lungs, causing a long and painful death. I am NOT a fan of this option. A bullet is quick and painless, and myself, I only shoot them in farm fields, mostly in soybean fields where they extremely destructive and their holes break farm machinery.

I see you didn't read the relevant statutes.

Post verifiable proof that you shoot or have shot cats.

Or don't.

Your choice.

I see you didn't read the relevant statutes.

Post verifiable proof that you shoot or have shot cats.

Or don't.

Your choice.

Yes, I read them.

maxresdefault.jpg

:)

Back