Cat's on hospice

MAGA MAN

Let's go Brandon!
Last night I got home from our weekly trip to the mountains to find the cat howling in the garage. He managed to get from outside through the cat door to the garage but not the cat door from the garage to the rest of the house.

A little background: he turned 16 four months ago and his behavior has been changing for about the last year. He started shitting in the house so I confined him to a little room that I built in the garage where he could access the outside. That was last winter and I thought he was near the end then. After about three months I gave him the run of the house again and he was OK until the last month or so, shitting in the study. So I confined him to the kitchen and garage. Then he started eating the dogs food and puking that up so I set the dog up in a separate area. He's lost a lot of weight, puking a lot, obviously getting near the end.

Back to last night. He was very weak, and crapped blood on himself. When I came up to him he stood up and fell over like a rag doll, tongue out. I brought him upstairs and cleaned him up. He wouldn't take water. I was positive that he'd be dead in the morning. Although I did get a quiet purr out of him by holding his head and rubbing his ears like he likes. I set him up on a towel in the study.

This morning he walked out of the study, through the den and into the kitchen and stuck his head in the water bowl. He was there for about three hours and would take a drink once in a while. I let him on on a fresh towel cause he's still leaking shit. He stayed next to the bowl all day and is still there.

16 is the oldest any of my cats made it. Comfort him, as you say hospice him (her)..It's bodhisattva thing to do

Last night I got home from our weekly trip to the mountains to find the cat howling in the garage. He managed to get from outside through the cat door to the garage but not the cat door from the garage to the rest of the house.

A little background: he turned 16 four months ago and his behavior has been changing for about the last year. He started shitting in the house so I confined him to a little room that I built in the garage where he could access the outside. That was last winter and I thought he was near the end then. After about three months I gave him the run of the house again and he was OK until the last month or so, shitting in the study. So I confined him to the kitchen and garage. Then he started eating the dogs food and puking that up so I set the dog up in a separate area. He's lost a lot of weight, puking a lot, obviously getting near the end.

Back to last night. He was very weak, and crapped blood on himself. When I came up to him he stood up and fell over like a rag doll, tongue out. I brought him upstairs and cleaned him up. He wouldn't take water. I was positive that he'd be dead in the morning. Although I did get a quiet purr out of him by holding his head and rubbing his ears like he likes. I set him up on a towel in the study.

This morning he walked out of the study, through the den and into the kitchen and stuck his head in the water bowl. He was there for about three hours and would take a drink once in a while. I let him on on a fresh towel cause he's still leaking shit. He stayed next to the bowl all day and is still there.

Sorry to hear that. Losing a pet is very difficult.

Well, he's rallying. Last night he jumped onto the coffee table. Still not taking food though. I had to clean around his bung hole so he wouldn't stink up the house.

Its hard to watch a pet grow old, best to you and your family as you watch this process unfold.

Do the right thing and have him put down by a vet. A quick injection, one deep sigh and it's over.
Unless, of course, you enjoy watching the suffering.
It seems that you might.

I'd like this to wrap up before we go on vacation, leaving Friday.

Well then, if you really believe that he's "just a cat" and you want to "wrap this up before you go on vacation", then take him to the vet and have him put out of your misery.

Well then, if you really believe that he's "just a cat" and you want to "wrap this up before you go on vacation", then take him to the vet and have him put out of your misery.

What kind of asshole says "It's just a cat" and let it suffer? I don't care for cats, but that is the attitude of a pure and simple douchebag.

What kind of asshole says "It's just a cat" and let it suffer? I don't care for cats, but that is the attitude of a pure and simple douchebag.

Rightie has demonstrated, on more occasions than I can count, that he truly is a pure and simple douchebag.

Leave it to the libtards here to be total douchebags

No, the total douche-bag would be the cruel jerk who watches his pet suffer hoping it will die before his vacation.
You call it "hospice" but really you are just to cheap to pay the vet to do the right thing.
That is douchebaggery at it's zenith.

Do the right thing and have him put down by a vet. A quick injection, one deep sigh and it's over.
Unless, of course, you enjoy watching the suffering.
It seems that you might.

That's exactly what I was thinking about you, a quick injection of pancuronium bromide to cause muscle paralysis and respiratory arrest, and potassium chloride to stop the heart. Failing that, a few whacks over the head with a cricket bat made from the finest willow.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was thinking about you, a quick injection of pancuronium bromide to cause muscle paralysis and respiratory arrest, and potassium chloride to stop the heart. Failing that, a few whacks over the head with the finest willow cricket bat.

Poor Tom

Back