Celebration Time!!

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Well I have some good news that all JPP partisans, left, right, conservative, liberal, civil libertarian, independents, etc, can appreciate.

My wife recieved her invite today to the Federal Court House to take her citizenship oath on April 16th. :)

anytime you argue with her about politics you wont be able to say "meh what do you know? shut up, you aren't even a citizen!"

you can't threaten to divorce her to make it harder for her to become a citizen (unless she's naturalized, in which case... hmmm)

you can't threaten to drop her off in mexico and tell her that no one will be able to tell the difference and that she'll be stuck in mexico forever if she doesn't stop nagging you.

she'll be able to cancel out your vote

anytime you argue with her about politics you wont be able to say "meh what do you know? shut up, you aren't even a citizen!"
We don't argue politics cause she's not really interested in politics. Besides, it's a different game where she comes from.

you can't threaten to divorce her to make it harder for her to become a citizen (unless she's naturalized, in which case... hmmm)
Has never been a thought....I love her too much to consider divorcing her.

you can't threaten to drop her off in mexico and tell her that no one will be able to tell the difference and that she'll be stuck in mexico forever if she doesn't stop nagging you.
Oh great.....now you tell me that idea when it's too late to use it. Thanks a fucking lot Grind!

she'll be able to cancel out your vote
ROTFLMAO!! After her final interview when they endorsed her to take the citizenship oath I told her "Now you have to register to vote. In Ohio that means you have to register as a Republican, a Democrat or an Independent. Which one are you going to register as?" She thought about it for a minute and said "I really, really hate taxes! I'm registering as a Republican!" True story.

BTW, Mott, for that registration remark, your wife is officially awesome. Perhaps we can induct her into the JPP Holy Trinity Hall of Fame (or at least the Ladies Gallery)...

What's so hard about being a citizen of the greatest country that ever was or will be?
Nothing. Except two things.

#1. The US does not permit dual citizenship. You have to give up any aliegance you have to another nation. It's not like she came from michigan, she's actually proud of where she came from. Giving up her Philippine citizenship was not an easy decision.

#2. It also means she has to put up with snarky little assholes like you for the rest of her life.......but what the hell.....she's lived with me for 8 years now so she should be used to it.

Last edited:
Back