China's GDP up 11.9%

China and India are going to clean our clock, so to speak.
We have already lost the tech edge that made us powerful.
Their labor is much cheaper.
And they are eager whereas we are mostly fat, lazy and spoiled.

We have lost the tech edge? When was the last time you visited the Valley?

nothings guaranteed in the future.
Low tech manufacturing all our cheap goods hardly qualifies as us not dominating. Their economic gains happened because of us not inspite of us.
What are these great chinees biotech and nonotech companies by the way?:clink:

nothings guaranteed in the future.
Low tech manufacturing all our cheap goods hardly qualifies as us not dominating. Their economic gains happened because of us not inspite of us.
What are these great chinees biotech and nonotech companies by the way?:clink:

Umm, it is a secret I am not going to tell you what stock to buy :D
you are the self professed master, figure it out gashopper.

you don't know your head from your ass I was asking the other guy.
you read something that 25 countries combined passed us and carry that lame tag we've lost our edge. LOFL

Here's your econ 102 lesson USC, China/India and Europe getting wealthier has a multiplier effect and makes us in turn wealthier.
The 25 surpassing us is a good thing, what did you want them to stay third world for ever and never develop a consumer middle class?

Here's your econ 102 lesson USC, China/India and Europe getting wealthier has a multiplier effect and makes us in turn wealthier.
The 25 surpassing us is a good thing, what did you want them to stay third world for ever and never develop a consumer middle class?

i.e. - it is not a zero sum game.

So therefore it's good when americans lose jobs overseas because we're gouged an all products and our cost of living is higher?

no, the price of goods etc. that we import in all lower. Slap that tariff on Chinese goods that some want and watch prices rise.

no, the price of goods etc. that we import in all lower. Slap that tariff on Chinese goods that some want and watch prices rise.

I think a future for an american who's not a stock trader is worth it. I'm sure if we actually enforced some rules about slave labor and dealing with thugs it might get better. But alas, ruining america and enriching fascists is just an irrelevant blowback from getting rich. Everyone just needs to be rich, that's the real answer, Right, tardo?

yeah them having a consumer middle class would be a good thing if we manufactured much to sell to them ...

I think a future for an american who's not a stock trader is worth it. I'm sure if we actually enforced some rules about slave labor and dealing with thugs it might get better. But alas, ruining america and enriching fascists is just an irrelevant blowback from getting rich. Everyone just needs to be rich, that's the real answer, Right, tardo?

yeah lets just make sure that everyone has an above average income :D

Oh were going to sell them bou coup software, Bill Gates has been kissing Chineese ass over their for years.:clink:

Bring it on, fair tariff's to protect American manufacturing, I think we did it once for a short period of time...Fair trade, not free!

Bring it on, fair tariff's to protect American manufacturing, I think we did it once for a short period of time...Fair trade, not free!

You want prices of all the goods we buy to be jacked up? That isn't going to save American jobs.

How about we work to remove tariffs instead of fighting to see what we can add?

Back