City Chicken Legs

Mason Michaels

Verified User
Growing up in the 50's and 60's
we use to have what was called
City Chicken Legs.
Ground Pork and Veal put on a stick shaped like a chicken leg.
Served with mint jelly.
I think this might have been
a midwest dish.
Anyone else remember them?

City Chicken Legs.
Served with mint jelly.
a midwest dish.

I didn't grow up here, so no. It sounds good though. I've had "city chicken" though. Skewered pork of some kind, it was good.

As a rule I don't do veal, it's too cruel. Same with pate.

City Chicken Legs.
Served with mint jelly.
a midwest dish.

My mother had a recipe for what she called “City Chicken”. It was veal, pork, chicken, spices, breaded and fried. On a wooden skewer stick. It was great, but what a mess to make!

She was from New Orleans, so she didn’t get it from the midwest. I’m not at home now, but I could copy it then to see if it matches yours.

My mother had a recipe for what she called “City Chicken”. It was veal, pork, chicken, spices, breaded and fried. On a wooden skewer stick. It was great, but what a mess to make!

She was from New Orleans, so she didn’t get it from the midwest. I’m not at home now, but I could copy it then to see if it matches yours.

We always bought ours,made in the grocery,but what you wrote matches,what we got pretty much.

City Chicken Legs.
Served with mint jelly.
a midwest dish.

I grew up in a house with a trillion brothers. The last thing my mom would have done is give us sharpened sticks while herding us into close quarters. It would have been a bloodbath

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mock-chicken-legs/
exps26160_C1442971D51C.jpg

City Chicken Legs.
Served with mint jelly.
a midwest dish.

I do! It was one of my favorites as a kid! But when we moved to STL my mom couldn't find them in the stores anymore.

That sounds exactly like it! I thought my mom got them from the store though; don't recall her making them by hand. Yes, please post the recipe when you're able, and thanks.

I grew up in a house with a trillion brothers. The last thing my mom would have done is give us sharpened sticks while herding us into close quarters. It would have been a bloodbath

LMAO!!!! Best morning laugh evuh.

I only had two brothers and yeah, if the sharp eagle eyes of the parental units weren't on them, they would have been jabbing each other's eyes out with the sticks.

LMAO!!!! Best morning laugh evuh.

I only had two brothers and yeah, if the sharp eagle eyes of the parental units weren't on them, they would have been jabbing each other's eyes out with the sticks.

I typically make it with pork loin cut in small cubes. Do you know where I can get some owl meat to make them. I heard it tastes like chicken.

Today, 08:34 AM
CertifiedFuckingMoron
Verified Loser

This message is hidden because CFM is on your ignore list, and always will be. Sorry try again.

Today, 08:34 AM
CertifiedFuckingMoron
Verified Loser

This message is hidden because CFM is on your ignore list, and always will be. Sorry try again.

It's OK. That means you'll always be a cowardly bitch. Mr. Owl must really be a winner to have settled for the likes of you.

Back