Clark is running in 08

not for another month or so Jarod. I just hope bush and cheny live to see the new congress come in, after that I don't care what happens to them.

If they impeach Bush and Cheney its President Pelosi!
There would be more than one trial, the secondary would be appointed before it got to President Pelosi. This is a misdirection. If they impeach them both, one of them would appoint a VP who would be approved by the Senate. President Pelosi is a long way away. It would take them both dying at the same time to get that one done.

It would be like a Gerald Ford thing. Both the President and the VP would not have run to get elected.

Thats true... but the new VP would have to be approved by the new Senate... If the trial were held and Bush or Cheney removed before the comfirmation hearings were held... It would then be President Pelosi!

Thats true... but the new VP would have to be approved by the new Senate... If the trial were held and Bush or Cheney removed before the comfirmation hearings were held... It would then be President Pelosi!
That would be unlikely. Although you could take solace in the fact that the new selection would have to be approved by a Majority D Senate... Plus, you do have to have 2/3 of the vote and the likelihood of both being convicted with such a standard would be limited by the fact that you don't hold that kind of Supermajority... The likelihood that a deal to approve a good VP before any conviction would be much higher under such a circumstance.

You can get all hyper and excited about it if you wish, but the likelihood of it is far, far away.

That would be unlikely. Although you could take solace in the fact that the new selection would have to be approved by a Majority D Senate... Plus, you do have to have 2/3 of the vote and the likelihood of both being convicted with such a standard would be limited by the fact that you don't hold that kind of Supermajority... The likelihood that a deal to approve a good VP before any conviction would be much higher under such a circumstance.

You can get all hyper and excited about it if you wish, but the likelihood of it is far, far away.

I never said it was likely... I said IF. I do not think it will happen, unless something real serious surfaces. However you never know with this bunch.

I am hearing wispers from the same people who told me about Mark Foley before it happened.

I never said it was likely... I said IF. I do not think it will happen, unless something real serious surfaces. However you never know with this bunch.

I am hearing wispers from the same people who told me about Mark Foley before it happened.

do you see dead people ? do you have a 6th scense ?

I have seen more dead people than anyone needs to see.
I now only see them as friends and family my age start to die off.

I should clarify, I have seen dead people... I do not often see dead people. Only at open casket funerals.

Heck immie after another 2 yrs of Bush and the downturn of the economy, even Kerry could probably get elected president :)

Heck immie after another 2 yrs of Bush and the downturn of the economy, even Kerry could probably get elected president :)

I doubt it. Bush could get elected again before Kerry got elected the first time... um, not with my vote though.

Immie

Time will tell. I expect the economy to get worse and the true costs of the war to sink in more and Bush and his party will deservedly get the blame.
A few graft and corruption scandals in war profiteering won't hurt either ;)

Time will tell. I expect the economy to get worse and the true costs of the war to sink in more and Bush and his party will deservedly get the blame.
A few graft and corruption scandals in war profiteering won't hurt either ;)

If I am not mistaken from my history books war tends to boost an economy because the citizens tend to get behind the country and jobs sprout from the defense effort. Hmm, maybe that only applies to popular wars? Declared wars? Winnable wars? or maybe things have changed? This war doesn't seem to have produced much... well besides disatisfaction with our so called leaders that is.

Immie

Back