Clean up on aisle 9

Can you not change posts please, it is very childish.

A parody (pronounced /ˈpærədi/; also called send-up, spoof or lampoon), in contemporary usage, is an imitative work created to mock, comment on, or trivialise an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target, by means of humorous, satiric or ironic imitation. As the literary theorist Linda Hutcheon puts it, "parody … is imitation, not always at the expense of the parodied text." Another critic, Simon Dentith, defines parody as "any cultural practice which provides a relatively polemical allusive imitation of another cultural production or practice." Parody may be found in art or culture, including literature, music (although "parody" in music has an earlier, somewhat different meaning than for other art forms), animation, gaming and film.
The writer and critic John Gross observes in his Oxford Book of Parodies, that parody seems to flourish on territory somewhere between pastiche ("a composition in another artist's manner, without satirical intent") and burlesque (which "fools around with the material of high literature and adapts it to low ends").[SUP][

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody[/SUP]

A parody (pronounced /ˈpærədi/; also called send-up, spoof or lampoon), in contemporary usage, is an imitative work created to mock, comment on, or trivialise an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target, by means of humorous, satiric or ironic imitation. As the literary theorist Linda Hutcheon puts it, "parody … is imitation, not always at the expense of the parodied text." Another critic, Simon Dentith, defines parody as "any cultural practice which provides a relatively polemical allusive imitation of another cultural production or practice." Parody may be found in art or culture, including literature, music (although "parody" in music has an earlier, somewhat different meaning than for other art forms), animation, gaming and film.
The writer and critic John Gross observes in his Oxford Book of Parodies, that parody seems to flourish on territory somewhere between pastiche ("a composition in another artist's manner, without satirical intent") and burlesque (which "fools around with the material of high literature and adapts it to low ends").[SUP][

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody[/SUP]

Alias was banned for doing the same thing.

calling out dunetroll, good for you.

Calling out the yurt douche, good for you.
Aoxomoxoa
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
  • blog.png
    View Blog Entries
  • add.png
    Add as Contact
  • email.png
    Send Email
user-online.png
aka Tom Prendergast

Join DateApr 2009LocationEnglandPosts6,749Thanks323Thanked 287 Times in 219 PostsGroans94Groaned 124 Times in 107 Posts
[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
Yurt is definitely not Alias. He may be many things; irritating, anal, pompous and self regarding but not a multiple poster.​

Alias was banned for doing the same thing.

for the billionth time:

no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't

He was banned because of the extent of which he did it. He was essentially spamming the board with his nonsense.

for the billionth time:

no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't
no he wasn't

He was banned because of the extent of which he did it. He was essentially spamming the board with his nonsense.

Are you sure about that, you seem to be shitting on the fence?

I'll also note that the veterans of the JPP, FP, Pol.com circuit typically are a lot more mature and a lot less likely to bitch about some trivial posting or not getting their way. AOLers on the other hand are not so....mature typically.

Those of us who experienced P.Com saw so much shit go down that we suffered sensory overload. We had the interim period at FP to slowly mellow down and grow-up. Now all of the most childish nonsense seems out of place and antequated, I suppose.

the wild west nature of politics.com where there literally was zero oversight imbrued many of us (and myself included) a very hands off approach to most things. I think it's worked fantastically overall and I am proud we've stuck with the tradition over the years, in spite of a few people vying to get their personal enemies knocked off one by one.

FP actually failed because SR got too involved and began regulating the site. I think people have demonstrated (or tried to, at least), that the opposite can happen as well...

FP actually failed because SR got too involved and began regulating the site. I think people have demonstrated (or tried to, at least), that the opposite can happen as well...

90% of peoples problems on this site can be fixed by ignoring particular users. But deep down, people like reading all the drama, their actions speak louder than their words.

And that's the problem. People will say they can't stand a user, but they continue to read the bullshit. If the mature smart posters just put the tools on ignore, we would all be able to live in a wonderful world again.

It's a simple fix, the vast majority of the time here. Some people just lack the willpower.

Dealing with whatever regulation sr had was a much harder prospect.

But as I have always said, since day 1, I am of the personal belief that whatever people want, they get. If everyone wanted to start a legitimate poll about banning certain words/behaviors and that's what the users wanted I would have no problem doing that. I have no agenda other than sticking up for whatever it is the majority wants.

Back