College Football in the South

LSU gets to make fun of schedules this year. Ya'll have a rough schedule this year. And you play two good non-conf teams.
Yea OSU's non-conf schedule is not to tough. We play two weak sisters in Colorado and Akron and we play two decent teams in Toledo and Miami. I'm more concerned about Toledo then Miami though OSU should be able to handle both teams easily enough. Toledo has a hell of a coach in Tim Beckman. You have to wonder what those guys at SI have been smoking. OSU has tons of talent on both defense and offense. The only real question is offensive production at the QB position but OSU is knee deep in RB talent so they should be able to run it down the throught of most opponents and those guys at SI are hallucinating in they think Nebraska's defense is in the same league as OSU and Wisconsin. Realistically OSU and Wisconsin are the teams to beat in the Big 10 though Nebraska has a legitimate shot at taking the Legends division.

The question in the Big 10 is that we know OSU, Wisconsin and Nebraska are going to field good teams.....so who else is going to rear their ugly heads? Can MSU repeat last years performance? I wouldn't bet on that. Michigan or Iowa or maybe PSU....who knows....but someone will. I can't wait for the first Big 10 championship game.

Yea OSU's non-conf schedule is not to tough. We play two weak sisters in Colorado and Akron and we play two decent teams in Toledo and Miami. I'm more concerned about Toledo then Miami though OSU should be able to handle both teams easily enough. Toledo has a hell of a coach in Tim Beckman. You have to wonder what those guys at SI have been smoking. OSU has tons of talent on both defense and offense. The only real question is offensive production at the QB position but OSU is knee deep in RB talent so they should be able to run it down the throught of most opponents and those guys at SI are hallucinating in they think Nebraska's defense is in the same league as OSU and Wisconsin. Realistically OSU and Wisconsin are the teams to beat in the Big 10 though Nebraska has a legitimate shot at taking the Legends division.

The question in the Big 10 is that we know OSU, Wisconsin and Nebraska are going to field good teams.....so who else is going to rear their ugly heads? Can MSU repeat last years performance? I wouldn't bet on that. Michigan or Iowa or maybe PSU....who knows....but someone will. I can't wait for the first Big 10 championship game.

From what I have read, WI is the one I would bet on. We'll see about PSU on the second week of the season. But you can never write off a Paterno team.

From what I have read, WI is the one I would bet on. We'll see about PSU on the second week of the season. But you can never write off a Paterno team.
I wouldn't write off Iowa o MSU either. MSU has come back with most of it's starters from last year and probably have the best QB in the Big 10. MSU should be real sound on offense and if they can take their defense up to the next level this year....they'll be a tough team. I think the sports writers are seriously over estimating Nebraskas chances this year in the Big 10. They have an very difficult schedule, they play a bunch of teams they are not familiar with and the level of competition if far higher in the Big 10 then the Big 12...where Nebraska lost to very weak Texas, Texas A&M and Washington teams. If I was to compare Nebraska favorably to any team it would be Iowa.

I wouldn't write off Iowa o MSU either. MSU has come back with most of it's starters from last year and probably have the best QB in the Big 10. MSU should be real sound on offense and if they can take their defense up to the next level this year....they'll be a tough team. I think the sports writers are seriously over estimating Nebraskas chances this year in the Big 10. They have an very difficult schedule, they play a bunch of teams they are not familiar with and the level of competition if far higher in the Big 10 then the Big 12...where Nebraska lost to very weak Texas, Texas A&M and Washington teams. If I was to compare Nebraska favorably to any team it would be Iowa.

Iowa looks like a big physical team that will play hard. But MSU? I 'll admit the only time I paid much attention to them was the bowl game last year. But we steam-rolled them...

Iowa looks like a big physical team that will play hard. But MSU? I 'll admit the only time I paid much attention to them was the bowl game last year. But we steam-rolled them...
Yea they sure didn't show up to play against Bama but who knows? MSU could take it up a notch or drop a notch. They have most of their talent back in offense and Cousins is a pro caliber QB. Their defense is the real question and they lost some real talent on defense. My guess is that MSU is probably a 8-4 or 7-5 team this year. I'd be very suprized if they were 11-1 again. Their schedule is brutal. They play ND, OSU, Neb and Iowa on the road and have home games against Michigan and Wisconsin. We'll have a better idea how good MSU is after the ND game.

Yea they sure didn't show up to play against Bama but who knows? MSU could take it up a notch or drop a notch. They have most of their talent back in offense and Cousins is a pro caliber QB. Their defense is the real question and they lost some real talent on defense. My guess is that MSU is probably a 8-4 or 7-5 team this year. I'd be very suprized if they were 11-1 again. Their schedule is brutal. They play ND, OSU, Neb and Iowa on the road and have home games against Michigan and Wisconsin. We'll have a better idea how good MSU is after the ND game.

Cousins is a great qb, but he better have more protection from the O-line. Bama's defensive weakness in 2010 was the passrush, and we got him way too many time. Although, I think a big part of that was that Courtney Upshaw was 100% for the first time since the opening game. Hard to prepare for that kind of monster when you haven't seen him play like that all year.

Man this is funny... While Mott is worried about TOLEDO, we're worried about Penn State! Does that tell you anything about schedules?

Hey..... Shout out to my daughter's alma mater, South Florida! Bulls won the biggest game in school history yesterday, I was so proud! 23-20 over the mighty Fighting Irish!

Back