College Football Playoff

I'm with Mott on this one....a playoff gets my vote.

Oh, don't take me wrong, I love the idea of a playoff! And I think some kind of playoff system could be incorporated into the current bowl system, in time. We see now, the slow methodical alignment of schools to conferences, and consolidation of smaller conferences into "super-conferences" where a championship for the conference title is played. These are steps toward a playoff system, I believe.

Now everybody can have an idea of how to implement a playoff system, but the bottom line is, the solution will have to accommodate all the parties currently in the mix. You're just not going to be able to cut this group or that group out of their slice of the pie. It's easy for Mott to give bowls the Death Penalty, but realistically, that just isn't going to happen, there is too much money in play, too much at stake. Use the bowls as venues for the playoff, and reserve the Big Four bowls for the finals. After all the "final" bowls, you have two teams who play at a neutral site for the NC. That might fly, it includes the bowls, makes them more interesting, would generate more revenue for the bowls and the schools, and would answer the complaints about a playoff system. Everybody wins.

bcs is perfect, no playoff

The BCS needs a stake driven through it's black little heart. There's not an argument against a playoff that holds water. It's done at every level of football from the lowest divisions of High School to the Pros and all Divisions of College but Division 1 (or BCS division). A college football play off is like Health Care Reform. It's not a matter of if but a matter of when.

the only one that matters is, the money doesn't want a playoff.
The regular season would be much more boring with a playoff, now each week is a playoff. The little ten, the big least and the sissy ten need to get off thier asses and play like they aren't afraid of the big bad SEC (6-0) in BCS championship games.

the only one that matters is, the money doesn't want a playoff.
The regular season would be much more boring with a playoff, now each week is a playoff. The little ten, the big least and the sissy ten need to get off thier asses and play like they aren't afraid of the big bad SEC (6-0) in BCS championship games.
Considering the SEC's well earned reputation of being afraid to death to play outside their home state, you don't have a lot of room to talk. Let's be honest about the SEC. Ya'll down there put your emphasis in your boys playing college ball cause you can't man up to play the pro game (outside the state of Florida that is).

Considering the SEC's well earned reputation of being afraid to death to play outside their home state, you don't have a lot of room to talk. Let's be honest about the SEC. Ya'll down there put your emphasis in your boys playing college ball cause you can't man up to play the pro game (outside the state of Florida that is).

Small penis wussy 10 dude has SEC envy STILL!!!!
Saints just won the super bowl, fan of non alumni school wagon jumper.:whoa:

Back