Computer Question

I've had a MB fail before, in the PC that I used to use to monitor my mountain cabin. Every electronic device breaks there, even ones that aren't plugged into the wall. I've replaced my coffee maker about four times, the last time because it just started leaking internally. Florescent light fixtures: break. I've fixed my ice maker twice and have since given up on that. My wife's alarm clock broke, and that's on a battery.

My wife accuses me of building over an Indian cemetery, but I didn't find any graves when I dug for the basement...
Pc makers have taken to building everything into the mb then it any on it fails its new pc time. Once upon a time it was just compaq.

Yeah, every device breaks, but solid state electronic components will be the last ones to cause the problem. I've had my laptop for 6 years, it's an ancient gaming dinosaur with a huge GPU in a tight space always spitting out ridiculous amounts of heat, basically the worst conditions imaginable for electronic components. Doesn't help that I overclock the CPU from 2.0 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz. In that time, the hard drive, the only mechanical component, has failed four times, the screen got broke when a door fell on it (rendering it basically a desktop), but the solid state electronic components are still chugging on.

This is not a laptop. Subject to lots of environmental trouble. Its not the most likely fault but trying to cover all the bases.

Back