Considerations

Thanks; because this is the kind of input I had hoped for.
I could imagine people resorting back to crossbows and hand held bows.
Well considering what might be the hazards of travel and trade in a post apocalyptic world they might have no choice. Keep in mind that in a post apocalyptic world educated scientist and technologist could damned well be persecuted as those responsible for the apocalypse. So it may not be a safe assumption that they would be valued.

Well considering what might be the hazards of travel and trade in a post apocalyptic world they might have no choice. Keep in mind that in a post apocalyptic world educated scientist and technologist could damned well be persecuted as those responsible for the apocalypse. So it may not be a safe assumption that they would be valued.

And you're correct; because there always people who want to blame "someone" for what's occurred.
Reminds me of a movie, for some time ago.

Things had fallen apart and people were living a basic existence style lifestyle.
They blamed scientist and such for the way things were and had banned all things from "back then".
A young man "rediscovers" the wheel and shows them how it would help them haul things.
They declare him a heretic and have him executed. :palm:

And you're correct; because there always people who want to blame "someone" for what's occurred.
Reminds me of a movie, for some time ago.

Things had fallen apart and people were living a basic existence style lifestyle.
They blamed scientist and such for the way things were and had banned all things from "back then".
A young man "rediscovers" the wheel and shows them how it would help them haul things.
They declare him a heretic and have him executed. :palm:
Actually that's the theme of a great little science fiction story called "A Canticle for Leibowitz" in which after a nuclear war destroys civilization and all books and collections of human knowledge are destroyed and scientist persecuted. A group of monks preserve as much of scientific knowledge as they can so that it will be available for civilization when they are once again ready for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Canticle_for_Leibowitz

Actually that's the theme of a great little science fiction story called "A Canticle for Leibowitz" in which after a nuclear war destroys civilization and all books and collections of human knowledge are destroyed and scientist persecuted. A group of monks preserve as much of scientific knowledge as they can so that it will be available for civilization when they are once again ready for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Canticle_for_Leibowitz

Stories like these are really disturbing; because it shows how people will try to find scapegoats to ease their fear of the unknown and generally what they're afraid, of isn't even the cause of the problem. :palm:

The Book Of Eli comes to mind; where society in general blamed certain books for what happened and then someone wanted to use one of those books, to gain power.

Stories like these are really disturbing; because it shows how people will try to find scapegoats to ease their fear of the unknown and generally what they're afraid, of isn't even the cause of the problem. :palm:

The Book Of Eli comes to mind; where society in general blamed certain books for what happened and then someone wanted to use one of those books, to gain power.
I love the ending of that movie. Eli is blind and his copy of the Bible is written in Braille.

Well my chemistry degree would come in handy then!

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk
Maybe. You might also be considered an evil Sorcerer practicing magic and burned at the stake.

My background in recycling would come in handy, forbearing the Sorcery scenario, as I spent a lot of time studying the raw materials used in chemistry to produce commercial chemical products that the waste materials I was recycling were analogous to. Having access to coal or petroleum and mineral deposits high in metal oxides and inorganic salts would be critical.

Last edited:
Maybe. You might also be considered an evil Sorcerer practicing magic and burned at the stake.

My background in recycling would come in handy, forbearing the Sorcery scenario, as I spent a lot of time studying the raw materials used in chemistry to produce commercial chemical products that the waste materials I was recycling were analogous to. Having access to coal or petroleum and mineral deposits high in metal oxides and inorganic salts would be critical.
I thought you considered coal to be the work of the Devil?

Sent from Lenovo K5 Note:
To piss off snowflakes, bottom feeders and racists

Back