Cops: Jehovah's Witnesses Faced Bullet Barrage

While I like your method, you can also politely ask them to remove you from the list of people they visit; they are supposed to remove you and not visit you anymore if you do that.

You can also tell them you were kicked out of JW's; they won't visit you after that either.

I've been black balled by them for years. The ones around here don't like spirited debate. I spent a couple of hours on my front porch and we went through a pot of coffee and much of the Bible one evening ... haven't seen any here since. Nice folks, good conversation, but I reckon I am considered a lost cause. A friend of mine who is a member of their group asked what I did because he saw me on the "do not visit" list. He agreed that they knew they weren't going to get anywhere with me. I sure don't mind talking to people with whom I disagree if I have the time though...I mean, I talk to most of you guys, don't I? ;)

talking is good for you

It clairifies your own ideas through the fire of the questions other minds might pose that you didn't think of.

I have yet to have a person of faith ask me something I had never thought of while pondering religion.

From the looks Ive seen on some of the faces of people who talk with me MY inquires into their beliefs have helped them shape their understanding of my side.

I remember once sitting in a college snack shop talking with three men from Iran back in the early 1980s and the looks on their faces when I told them I did not believe in any god.

they were completely stunned.

all three looked deep in though and completely confused.

They literally could not function to speak anymore.

I got up and told them to have a good day and left.

Right...because there's not a whit of difference between being approached by religious missionaries, politely asking if they can share their story with you and the condescension and vitriol desh is bombarded with on these boards every single day.

Right...not a bit of difference.

Missionaries don't generally shout "fuck you with a 12 foot pole!"

I've been black balled by them for years. The ones around here don't like spirited debate. I spent a couple of hours on my front porch and we went through a pot of coffee and much of the Bible one evening ... haven't seen any here since. Nice folks, good conversation, but I reckon I am considered a lost cause. A friend of mine who is a member of their group asked what I did because he saw me on the "do not visit" list. He agreed that they knew they weren't going to get anywhere with me. I sure don't mind talking to people with whom I disagree if I have the time though...I mean, I talk to most of you guys, don't I? ;)

Lol

I invited them in and studied, first with the LDS and then the JW, that was when we first moved in our home, 1991 and I haven't seen any other since.

Back