Corndogs Barely Escape

I found a nice quote on the Yahoo NCAA Football pages.

"No team is playing better in every phase of the game than the Crimson Tide. Alabama has a devastating defense and better-than-expected offense behind quarterback Greg McElroy. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the best team in America."

Its great to read good press about your team. It really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, and there is a LOT of season left.

But it still feels great.
I'd say "OBVIOUSLY" this sports writer hasn't seen Texas play. There the best team in college right now. Bama's #2 and I'm beginning to think the Hawkeyes are a top 5 team. We'll find out in two weeks. If the Hawks beat Mich they should by all rights be a top 5 team.

Well Ohio slow already chocked so suck on that. Lsu is ranked 4. Chad Jones is so tough he gargles peanut butter.
Come on Topper. If the muddogs coach hadn't got a case of the stupids on the 4 inch line ya'll would have lost. Any other team but an SEC team that would have played like that against a cupcake team would have dropped in the polls. LSWho looked an like about the same caliber as Northwester or Minnessota. Even with out Tebow Florida should be able to eat LSWho for lunch. Jambalaya anyone? LOL

Last edited:
you won't find any post from me saying they'd go undefeated or ever get to #4 this year. I even thought 11 was high to start out. We have a soph QB who only started 2 games last year.
However, everyone else is losing. Only dorks and cyclist think their are ugly wins. Real men know a victory in the SEC on the road is beautiful.
Ask Joe Pa how it feels to look pretty and be 3-1 or how bout the Vest?

you won't find any post from me saying they'd go undefeated or ever get to #4 this year. I even thought 11 was high to start out. We have a soph QB who only started 2 games last year.
However, everyone else is losing. Only dorks and cyclist think their are ugly wins. Real men know a victory in the SEC on the road is beautiful.
Ask Joe Pa how it feels to look pretty and be 3-1 or how bout the Vest?
Oh no doubt. Take a win no matter how ugly it is. Just like my Bungles did against Pittsburgh.

I'd say "OBVIOUSLY" this sports writer hasn't seen Texas play. There the best team in college right now. Bama's #2 and I'm beginning to think the Hawkeyes are a top 5 team. We'll find out in two weeks. If the Hawks beat Mich they should by all rights be a top 5 team.

Texas beat Texas Tech, and that has been their only big team to beat. Houston also beat Tech. And I am not that sold on Houston either.

McCoy is probably the best QB playing right now. And they have a solid run defense. But until they play OK, we won't know if they are the real deal.

1 Heisman down, in the thick of it, possibly in the lead for number 2. Who's Jones? In SI's latest list of candidates for the Heisman, there's no mention of a Jones.

I think he is the LSU linebacker who saved the game against MS State.

He wants to be Rolando McClain. :pke:

Correction: Chad Jones is the Safety that saved the game against MS State.

Chad Jones is going to Rape Tebow in two weeks after a sack.
Watch closely and use the pause button on your replay.
That's how fast chad is.

Chad Jones is going to Rape Tebow in two weeks after a sack.
Watch closely and use the pause button on your replay.
That's how fast chad is.

He is so fast that MS State scored 26 points on ya'll. So fast that one of the worst teams in the SEC had 223 yards passing, including 1TD.

YOu want to see a Defense? Watch Bama dismantle KY this saturday.

Back