Crazy Weather...

My son and I went swiming at the beach this past weekend.

actuly i did too.... but not on purpous.. fell thought the ice... fricking stream... any way... yes its weird..hell it sucks

no snow on the north shore... norht of duluth... vary odd

Lots of snow for us this year.... In fact we have another storm coming in on Friday....

Thanks for sharing that weather with us here in the panhandle! :( We're expecting to get the southern part of that same system over the weekend. Mid-60s for the next couple of days, then a bit cooler, then all hell breaks loose with snow and temps in the mid-20s over the weekend. The bad part is that we really don't have much in the way of road equipment to deal with any significant or lasting snowfall. After it partially melts, we have ice and 4WD has only a small and erratic advantage under those conditions.

Well, he went in the water with me holding him. I guess technically he did not swim.

Even though this is Florida, we dont usually swim in January... It is unusualy warm.

well thing are starting to feel a lil more normal around here...

it 2 and with windchill it feels like -13... that more like it

hey were even saposed to get some snow, but i wont get my hopes up

well thing are starting to feel a lil more normal around here...

it 2 and with windchill it feels like -13... that more like it

hey were even saposed to get some snow, but i wont get my hopes up
Looks like Thorn and leaningright may get an ice storm today and tomorrow. That's not fun, not even for kids. Maybe you'll get some snow way up there on the fringes of the system though.

I thought we were going to escape it mostly, but perhaps not. I was supposed to do an 80th birthday party on Sunday (I do a bit of photography on the side), and have been concerned about driving all the way into town on ice. If it's really bad, I guess that the party won't happen either!

Well, we'll just hunker down and get the fireplace going, play with the dogs.

I thought we were going to escape it mostly, but perhaps not. I was supposed to do an 80th birthday party on Sunday (I do a bit of photography on the side), and have been concerned about driving all the way into town on ice. If it's really bad, I guess that the party won't happen either!

Well, we'll just hunker down and get the fireplace going, play with the dogs.

ya ice is no fun... you better off just skipping out if it bad... if not just make sure you give yourself plenty of time

do you guys ever get black ice down there.. i am guessing it dosnt get cold enough

It's freaky cold here right now in CO... It was -3F when I woke up this morning. It might get up to 5F this afternoon.

ya ice is no fun... you better off just skipping out if it bad... if not just make sure you give yourself plenty of time

do you guys ever get black ice down there.. i am guessing it dosnt get cold enough

It's not the same as it is up north. Black ice can seem to sneak out at you from nowhere and you have no warning. We don't get a lot of ice here simply because it's so dry. (Other areas like Alabama, though, have horrendous ice storms!) Snow, if it falls at all, tends not to accumulate, or at least not for very long. If the temps fall enough, though, the melted snow can accumulate at low points on the road. It's so flat here that there are few banked roadways, though. The bad part is that people here are appallingly bad drivers even when it's clear and dry. They're completely unprepared for any type of foul weather. I think it would be the other drivers, more than the ice, that might tend to keep me at home!:shock:

Hmmm -- my husband just told me that the temp is dropping rapidly now, we have freezing fog and if I don't have anything critical to do this afternoon I should just go home to avoid the nuts on the road.

Sounds good to me. Keep warm and safe, everyone!

Hmmm -- my husband just told me that the temp is dropping rapidly now, we have freezing fog and if I don't have anything critical to do this afternoon I should just go home to avoid the nuts on the road.

Sounds good to me. Keep warm and safe, everyone!

drive safe

or maybe CO, but they dont have many places too ice fish
There are a good amount. Just not close to Denver. We go over between Fraser and Telluride on Grand Lake and there are quite a few other lakes around there. You can pull up some good sized lake trout...

Back