Crowd Packs Amphitheater For Man Claiming He's Jesus Christ Reincarnated

uscitizen

Villified User
Crowd Packs Amphitheater For Man Claiming He's Jesus Christ Reincarnated

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A controversial religious figure who claims he is Jesus Christ incarnate with a following of millions with "666" tattoos on their bodies, filled an amphitheater in Orlando this weekend, and promised joy, peace and prosperity.

Orlando police officers stood guard around the Lake Eola amphitheater as Dr. Jose Luis De Jesus Miranda, 61, arrived in the city Saturday.
Click here to find out more!

Miranda, who has been banned from three countries, told Local 6 News cameras and a cheering crowd that he was Jesus Christ reincarnated.

His followers believe that Miranda's life and his teachings replace those of Jesus of Nazareth, Local 6's Jamie Guirola said.

"They believe that Jesus is going to come from the sky," Juan Sanchez said. "But, that is not the way he is going to come."

"He is here?" Guirola said.

"He is here." Sanchez said.

Miranda said millions of people worldwide have tattooed their bodies with "666" in recognition that the second-coming of Christ has taken place, according to the report.

"I have it proudly on my hand," a believer told Local 6's Jamie Guirola. "It is easier when they shake my hand. It is easier for them to ask. I am very proud to show it is a sign of love."

A group of Christians protested the event, calling the following a cult. Police also removed two people from the amphitheater.

"We are just questioning their faith and their '666' tattoos," a protestor told Local 6. "We just want to learn more so we can relate more between being a Christian and believing in this and who the true Jesus is."

Miranda said he is known as God in at least 30 countries.

Local 6 reported that he was born in Puerto Rico and admits to being a recovering heroin addict. He also spent times in prison on drug and petty theft charges.

Miranda is the founder of the Miami-based Growing in Grace Ministry.

http://www.local6.com/news/13265407/detail.html

A man with messianic delusions, with thousands brain-washed followers?

You sure this wasn't a republican convention of some sort?

ahhhh...but then there is a warning of this and we are reminded by Christ that unless we see him coming down from the clouds....then the others are FALSE....

Matthew 24

YESHUA JESUS WARNS CONCERNING the LAST DAYS

7 When will these things happen?
What will be the sign that they are about to take place?

8 Jesus replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. Many will
come in my name, claiming,`I am he,' and,`The time is near.'

Do not follow them.

9 When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened. These
things must happen first, but the end will not come right away.

Morning to ya too Care.

"the love of most will grow cold, " Darn sounds like neos, but this guy showed up a bit early, the moon and such have not done their things yet.

Morning to ya too Care.

"the love of most will grow cold, " Darn sounds like neos, but this guy showed up a bit early, the moon and such have not done their things yet.

Ahhhh, but don't let the sequence in which it was writen fool ya! All He said was that ALL those things had to come to pass BEFORE the end is near.... they can come in any kind of order before the tribulation I think is what He was saying?

but anyway, the bottom line is that none of us will know UNTIL all of those prophesies come to pass...and even then we won't know for certain the precise moment.... soooooooo, that's why it says to be "ready" at all times....hahaha Shape UP or or ship out, or more than likely miss the boat! :)

None of this, I have time to straighten up my act kind of thingy! lol :D

Care

"None of this, I have time to straighten up my act kind of thingy! :D "

My act is about as straight as it is likely to get ;)

An old guy down the road just "got religion", a lifelong alkie and wife beater...He is dying soon....

"None of this, I have time to straighten up my act kind of thingy! :D "

My act is about as straight as it is likely to get ;)

An old guy down the road just "got religion", a lifelong alkie and wife beater...He is dying soon....
Ahhh... The Bart Simpson plan. A life of "crime" with a deathbed confession.

"ahhhh...but then there is a warning of this and we are reminded by Christ that unless we see him coming down from the clouds....then the others are FALSE....
"

You do realize that this statement means that we will NEVER see such a thing, and that ALL who claim will be false, right?

Ahhhh, but don't let the sequence in which it was writen fool ya! All He said was that ALL those things had to come to pass BEFORE the end is near.... they can come in any kind of order before the tribulation I think is what He was saying?

but anyway, the bottom line is that none of us will know UNTIL all of those prophesies come to pass...and even then we won't know for certain the precise moment.... soooooooo, that's why it says to be "ready" at all times....hahaha Shape UP or or ship out, or more than likely miss the boat! :)

None of this, I have time to straighten up my act kind of thingy! lol :D

Care

It just said that many will come claiming to be him. It didn't say that no one would think that was him.

Just kill all those who believe in heaven.
Leave the rest of us out of your delusion.

I believe that this is all we have and the belief of an afterlife cheapens life in reality.

Just kill all those who believe in heaven.
Leave the rest of us out of your delusion.

I believe that this is all we have and the belief of an afterlife cheapens life in reality.

usc, your timing is perfect. I was just about to freak out at some righties, but now I can read your posts and laugh instead. :)

Back