Culture: Top 12 Things Britain Does Better than America… that just make sense

So, what do you do for entertainment?

I watch PBS & PBS Create a lot.

On PBS, some good Brit cop shows during the week, classic Britcoms on Saturday night, the Masterpiece series shows on Sunday night.

On PBS Create, shows like This Old House, Ask This Old House,The Woodwright's Shop, Cook's Country, various painting shows, etc, etc.

I also watch the retro channels like MeTV, Antenna TV, Cozi TV, Get TV, etc, etc.

Local news, national nightly news, Sunday morning political shows.

All free over the air broadcast, too. Haven't paid a nickel to watch TV since 2003.

And it all beats the crap out of the American prime time network and cable low-brow garbage that's full of nothing but sex and violence.

I watch PBS & PBS Create a lot.

On PBS, some good Brit cop shows during the week, classic Britcoms on Saturday night, the Masterpiece series shows on Sunday night.

On PBS Create, shows like This Old House, Ask This Old House,The Woodwright's Shop, Cook's Country, various painting shows, etc, etc.

I also watch the retro channels like MeTV, Antenna TV, Cozi TV, Get TV, etc, etc.

Local news, national nightly news, Sunday morning political shows.

All free over the air broadcast, too. Haven't paid a nickel to watch TV since 2003.

And it all beats the crap out of the American prime time network and cable low-brow garbage that's full of nothing but sex and violence.
You sound like a prude. Are you sure you're not conservative?

Top 12 Things Britain Does Better than America… that just make sense Eating, drinking, sex, conversation, politics (even given Brexit), riding, health, religion, sport, reading, writing, farting (or trumping, as the genteel say)..

The best thing they've ever done, is interbreeding with the Welsh and thereby raising the IQ level in Wales.

That's obviously not what he meant. I always do have to laugh at leftists who are personally conservative, because their politics have long promoted the coarsening of our culture.

That's rich coming from a conservative.

It's the politics of the right which seeks to boil everything down to taxes, money and self interest.

You all are the ones who would be content to see rampant, third world levels of poverty in America if it would save you a few dollars a year in taxes.

You all are the ones who are content to sit back and watch the level of gun violence in America spiraling out if control as long as the interpretation of your precious second amendment is not altered or changed to reflect the necessities and realities of modern life.

You all are the ones who are content to see all non-white, non-Christian segments of society marginalized and given second class status for the advancement of your own interests.

You've got a lot of nerve to claim the politics of the left, which seek to expand equality and lift up the less fortunate, is coarsening our culture while the politics of the right seeks to lessen equality, exploit the less fortunate and advance the interests of one group over all others.

That is by definition a coarsening of our culture.

Typical bass-ackwards right-wing view of reality.

That's rich coming from a conservative.

It's the politics of the right which seeks to boil everything down to taxes, money and self interest.

You all are the ones who would be content to see rampant, third world levels of poverty in America if it would save you a few dollars a year in taxes.

You all are the ones who are content to sit back and watch the level of gun violence in America spiraling out if control as long as the interpretation of your precious second amendment is not altered or changed to reflect the necessities and realities of modern life.

You all are the ones who are content to see all non-white, non-Christian segments of society marginalized and given second class status for the advancement of your own interests.

You've got a lot of nerve to claim the politics of the left, which seek to expand equality and lift up the less fortunate, is coarsening our culture while the politics of the right seeks to lessen equality, exploit the less fortunate and advance the interests of one group over all others.

That is by definition a coarsening of our culture.

Typical bass-ackwards right-wing view of reality.

1) Those are the politics of America. They have been since we protested the Sugar/Currency/Stamp acts and the Proclamation of 1763.

2) You obviously have no idea what third-world poverty is.

If the left doesn't lead to the coarsening of our culture, why did the emergence of the New Left coincide with a spike in the illegitimacy rates, and all of the social problems it has led to?

1) Those are the politics of America. They have been since we protested the Sugar/Currency/Stamp acts and the Proclamation of 1763.

2) You obviously have no idea what third-world poverty is.

If the left doesn't lead to the coarsening of our culture, why did the emergence of the New Left coincide with a spike in the illegitimacy rates, and all of the social problems it has led to?

1) Greed, self interest and favoring corporations and the wealthy are not "the politics of America". They are the politics of the greedy, selfish asshole political right.

2) I have just as good an understanding of third world poverty as you do. The difference between us is that I don't want to see it in my country. You otoh, don't give a shit as long as you believe it won't directly affect you.

The coarsening of our culture comes in many forms. Its not just sex. You talk like conservatives don't have out of wedlock sex or that conservative men have never gotten unmarried women pregnant. The sexual revolution of the 60's encompassed people of all political persuasions, not just those on the left. I've seen right-wingers like you try to pull this shot too many times before.

Standard right-wing bullshit.

Hardly.

What Hollywood needs is to stop being ruled by profit driven commercial interests.

Politics doesn't even enter into it. I will say that if conservatives took over, it would be even worse, but in the opposite direction.

The main difference would be that the female characters would go from phony hot-shit, ball-busting bitches who routinely beat up men twice their size, to dumb, submissive bimbos with blonder hair and bigger tits. Every plot would involve smarmy, phony-baloney "family values", resulting in one big pseudo-Christian themed, low IQ crapfest.

So you aren’t driven by profit? You work for free?

1) Greed, self interest and favoring corporations and the wealthy are not "the politics of America". They are the politics of the greedy, selfish asshole political right.

2) I have just as good an understanding of third world poverty as you do. The difference between us is that I don't want to see it in my country. You otoh, don't give a shit as long as you believe it won't directly affect you.

The coarsening of our culture comes in many forms. Its not just sex. You talk like conservatives don't have out of wedlock sex or that conservative men have never gotten unmarried women pregnant. The sexual revolution of the 60's encompassed people of all political persuasions, not just those on the left. I've seen right-wingers like you try to pull this shot too many times before.

Standard right-wing bullshit.

Okay, so the politics of America, since 1763, are greed and self-interest. If you don't like it, you can foment a Bolshevik revolution.

It's a shot that hits true, 100%.

Back