'D' word rears head as coronavirus-hit markets brace for recession

How foolish it was to disregard this and try to pretend it was a hoax.

And you know the spinners will never learn, never stop.

Now that we are taking drastic measures, and if they have the hoped-for effect of reducing deaths by flattening the curve, the spinners will claim:

"See? We told you it wasn't as bad as the flu. Thanks to the liberal media we went into an unnecessary economic shut down and recession."

This Democratic hoax is going to have a devastating effect, on every walks of life in our country.

Yeah. Some are comparing it to 1929. The Talk of 'Recession' is now turning into Talk of 'Depression'. Because of this self-imposed 'quarantine in place', unemployment is going to skyrocket.
The Economy is grinding to a halt. Unless some Vaccine comes along, this could last LONGER than a few months. (I'm becoming a little nervous)

How foolish it was to disregard this and try to pretend it was a hoax.

And you know the spinners will never learn, never stop.

Now that we are taking drastic measures, and if they have the hoped-for effect of reducing deaths by flattening the curve, the spinners will claim:

"See? We told you it wasn't as bad as the flu. Thanks to the liberal media we went into an unnecessary economic shut down and recession."

Unfortunately, there are plenty of uncritical thinking people out there to believe this tripe.

Yeah. Some are comparing it to 1929. The Talk of 'Recession' is now turning into Talk of 'Depression'. Because of this self-imposed 'quarantine in place', unemployment is going to skyrocket.
The Economy is grinding to a halt. Unless some Vaccine comes along, this could last LONGER than a few months. (I'm becoming a little nervous)

Jack, I share your view.

So have you "given up"?

I wonder, quite seriously, in what form capitalism can possibly survive this mess, and, given the long destruction of coherent opposition, suspect that we may all end up with African-style corrupt military dictatorships.

I wonder, quite seriously, in what form capitalism can possibly survive this mess, and, given the long destruction of coherent opposition, suspect that we may all end up with African-style corrupt military dictatorships.

Automation. Machines don't get sick. The Worker Drones are expendable. (For all we know, this is a planned kill-off) :thinking:

I'm beginning to get nervous we may be in this for a long haul, and that green dollars may be more valuable than a bunch of 'paper'. :(
Well, try not to worry...take care of yourself and your family...and, of course, we'll always have each other;)
Though I do see a few here MIA....now that is worrisome....

Well, try not to worry...take care of yourself and your family...and, of course, we'll always have each other;)
Though I do see a few here MIA....now that is worrisome....

:) Yeah. That would be hilarious (not really) if the Red Team members who have been calling this a 'Hoax' fell ill.
(doubtful it would change the mind of that poor thing, Truth Detector, ... what a basket case)

:) Yeah. That would be hilarious (not really) if the Red Team members who have been calling this a 'Hoax' fell ill.
(doubtful it would change the mind of that poor thing, Truth Detector, ... what a basket case)
I'm not sure who you're referring to...I don't know any of the "Red Team" who've fallen ill or disappeared..do you have a list...

"NEW YORK (Reuters) - The coronavirus shockwaves rippling through U.S. stocks are forcing investors to contemplate outcomes more dire than a recession, including several quarters of declining economic activity, a credit crisis or even a depression."
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-stocks-economy-usa-idUSKBN2140IA

Yeah, we are going to enter a GLOBAL depression over a virus that has killed 9,357 people in 110 days. Dumbest shit I have ever heard. :rolleyes:

Back