Damned If You Do........

Of course, many of the left would be frustrated that companies got federal help to spend on making the synthetic oil plants...
//

Perhaps you do not understand the left enough ? Yes a few would be pissed over any money going to corpies, but most understand more than "My Pet Pony".
Nah, the fact that it wouldn't be clean energy as well would make it a huge downer for them. Synthetic oil is a substitute that is just as dirty as before. I would be all for it as an interim position as we gained on clean energy. Regardless of whether you believe that we are causing global climate shift clean air is something everybody should be able to get behind as well as the idea that we could supply the planet, build an economy on such new technologies...

Lets not forget solar, bio fuels, Home effeciency/insulation incentives, More efficient vehicles, etc...
Yup. It was the largest of my disappointments from Bush. Instead of taking the initiative and dropping contributors concerns for the nation's he made relatively few changes. Even with the border during a WOT, ignoring constituents and security alike...

Talk about wasted chances...

Back