Dark Souls III leaked footage

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
A3F1ccI.gif

Ya know....just when I get to thinking that there couldn't possibly be a member of JPP more disturbed than Desh you post something like this.

To clarify, the original Dark Souls game had two ways of negating or avoiding taking damage. You could block it with your shield, or you could dodge the attack entirely. This allowed for several unique ways to play through the game. But then the subsequent games (Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne) completely disregarded blocking as a method of defense, making you need to dodge all attacks with rolling. This limits your ways to play through the game, and has subsequently become the butt of many jokes, such as what Watermark has done.

I did a shielded run in Dark Souls and a no-shield run. The no-shield run boosted by rolling ability a lot, but it wasn't strictly necessary. The big thing that Dark Souls 2 changed was nerfing poise, and thus increasing your ability to be stunlocked. This prevented the turtle builds that had proliferated in Dark Souls, couldn't just slap on some Havel's and never worry about getting hit. In some ways it was a return to Demon's Souls, where poise was weak as well.

Bloodborne pretty much totally did away with shields, though. You had guns, but, bizarrely, they could only be used for parrying. And it replaced the roll with the much shittier dodge left and right, which I'm not even sure has I-frames. I didn't like most of the changes Bloodborne made.

Ya know....just when I get to thinking that there couldn't possibly be a member of JPP more disturbed than Desh you post something like this.

yeah women should not be able to take out stalkers like I can huh

you and watermark are so bromanced by the right here you blow your own horn

Is the technique of shielding and rolling comparable to Super Smash Bros?

I've heard the lock on and rolling style of combat compared to Zelda, before. Dark Souls implementation is a lot less clunky, though (I swear, 20 years and an unlimited budget, and Nintendo still can't seem to get the thing to properly lock on). It's also a lot more critical and useful than in Zelda, because you are invincible during a portion of your roll. This makes it the primary defensive tool in your arsenal.

I've only beat Dark Souls once. Only really 'hard' fight I had was the Bed of Chaos, which....yeah.

Bed of Chaos was 90% bullshit deaths where you get shoved into a pit. Worst boss battle in the game.

You had no difficulty from Smough and Ornstein? I must've died at least 30 times to them.

Bed of Chaos was 90% bullshit deaths where you get shoved into a pit. Worst boss battle in the game.

You had no difficulty from Smough and Ornstein? I must've died at least 30 times to them.

No, that one wasn't too difficult for me. I can reliably be it the 1st time through, so long as Smough doesn't dead angle me.

Back