Daytona 500.

I've always appreciated nice cars and lots of power under the hood, but I just can't get into it as a sport. I prefer off-roading or driving out on some rural highway that the state patrol rarely covers and speeding like crazy.

Yes, he is a redneck and proud of it.

You know the big difference between NASCAR fans and other sports fans?

Other sports fans would be lining up to sue for their injuries...NASCAR fans are so crazy in love with their sport they will be right back in those seats next week showing off to all their friends where the piston from that engine hit them in the head and bragging about how the scar is going to look so COOL!

When you are watching Letterman/Leno/Kimmel/Ferguson tonight and one of them uses that bit, just remember you heard it here first.

I've always appreciated nice cars and lots of power under the hood, but I just can't get into it as a sport. I prefer off-roading or driving out on some rural highway that the state patrol rarely covers and speeding like crazy.
Have you ever been to a major motor sports race? NASCAR cup series? F-1? Indy 500?

First time you see a 43 car freight train go by at 180 mph you'd be hooked. Same thing seeing some maniac go through a 25 mph curve at 100 mph or an inverted jet plane shooting by you at 240 mph......it's pretty awesome. You just can't get what it's about on TV.

Dont happen to be a fan of V8 Supercars do you? They are coming out to the US this year (Texas) and the car's they drive you can actually buy as a family vehicle ^_^ though maybe lacking in a bit less power and enhancements. The Texas track should be interesting with them but still reckon nothing would beat Bathurst (which NASCAR's would totally fail on.)

That would make for an exciting family road trip.

While I do not advocate for doing this with the family in the car, There are a few roads here in Victoria, Australia that make for both a challenging and beautiful drive. Corner's at the edge's of cliffs that you shouldn't go anymore then 50-70km/h around and yet doing them at 150-200km/h. Just have to make sure you don't hit a wombat or kangaroo cause if you do your dead (literally, They bloody tough bastards)

I like local races, my girlfriend does the demolition derby every year, but maybe not next year. She has kids now and got pretty beat up last race, so she is thinking retirement till kids are grown :)
My parents literally live 10 miles up the road from Eldora Speedway. My favorite cousins home (farm) is literally next to the speedway. Been to a ton of races there. Saw Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Kase Kahn, Sarah Fisher (she was 16 at the time), and quite a few other famous race car drivers when they were up and commers there at Eldora. Saturday night dirt track racing is pretty fun entertainment. Very affordable too.

It's not a sport but an activity!
The country can't be suffering much if a bunch of trailer trash Dixie cousins can pay to watch, left turn, left turn, left turn.
It's for hillbillies who can't play football or baseball.

It's not a sport but an activity!
The country can't be suffering much if a bunch of trailer trash Dixie cousins can pay to watch, left turn, left turn, left turn.
It's southern birth control. We have the pill....they have NASCAR. Don't be to critical Topper....It's fun watching them hillbillies naturaly select themselves. :)

Show me the last football or baseball game which drew crowds of 150k or more?

It costs roughly $3 million a year to run a top-tier NASCAR team. Doesn't sound like hillbillies to me.

crashz.png

Oh...so they go to the races to see the crashes but if it affects them, they start suing?

Three spectators injured by the wreck at Daytona International Speedway have contracted with the personal injury law firm of Morgan and Morgan, and four more have made appointments, firm founder John Morgan said Monday.

Morgan said of the three under contract, one has a broken leg and another has a head injury. He was checking with his firm on the third person's injuries. None of the injuries of those seeking legal help with the firm were life-threatening, he said.

A Speedway attorney said he would not comment on possible litigation.

Frikkin inbreds!

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 4
Back