Dear Cawacko

That is exactly where he was used. Unfortunately he can't get the ball, but having an extra blocker of that size and mobility is enough.
A cousin of mine who was all of 5'6" tall and 150 lbs soaking wet played nose gaurd on his high school football team. I saw him several times play against Centers who were in the 280 to 300 lb range. My cousin would run in low and take his legs out and the middle LB would run over the top of the fallen center. They got a lot of sacks and stopped a lot of runs doing that and it was hillarous to watch.

A cousin of mine who was all of 5'6" tall and 150 lbs soaking wet played nose gaurd on his high school football team. I saw him several times play against Centers who were in the 280 to 300 lb range. My cousin would run in low and take his legs out and the middle LB would run over the top of the fallen center. They got a lot of sacks and stopped a lot of runs doing that and it was hillarous to watch.

I would love to have seen that.

He was an ornery little shit. Just about every game he'd get carried off the field for getting his bell rung or having some fat kid fall on top of him.

I remember high school ball. There were always a few little guys who tried to play on meanness & hustle. They usually did ok. But had to get their bell rung a few times to remind them.

I remember high school ball. There were always a few little guys who tried to play on meanness & hustle. They usually did ok. But had to get their bell rung a few times to remind them.
Not me. I was a late bloomer. Never weighed more than a buck and a quarter till after I graduated. My high school has a 140 lb weight limit to even try out for the team.

Considering many players on the football team were closet bullies, I didn't hold them in high regard. I didn't care to much for the herd of sheep mentality surrounding high school football either. I'd have much rather gone to a Stones concert.

Not me. I was a late bloomer. Never weighed more than a buck and a quarter till after I graduated. My high school has a 140 lb weight limit to even try out for the team.

Considering many players on the football team were closet bullies, I didn't hold them in high regard. I didn't care to much for the herd of sheep mentality surrounding high school football either. I'd have much rather gone to a Stones concert.

There is a bully mentality is some players. Our coach worked hard to weed them out. Being in Tuscaloosa, he took a lot from Bear Bryant's speeches.

You hit your man and take him down. Then you offer him a hand up. Late hits earned you a lot of laps.

I was tall and lanky. I had my bell rung a few times.

Back