Debate reminds voters of a more civil time

BartenderElite

Verified User
Vance won on points - but for me, the biggest takeaway from that debate was watching 2 candidates talk about their differences on the issues with civility, and entirely without personal attacks or insults.

It is such a contrast to Trump and the relentless toxicity he has injected into our politics. I wonder if voters aren't wishing that Vance was at the top of that ticket, and that we could get back to a time where politicians were adversaries, and not enemies.

Vance won on points - but for me, the biggest takeaway from that debate was watching 2 candidates talk about their differences on the issues with civility, and entirely without personal attacks or insults.

It is such a contrast to Trump and the relentless toxicity he has injected into our politics. I wonder if voters aren't wishing that Vance was at the top of that ticket, and that we could get back to a time where politicians were adversaries, and not enemies.
Oh please...The Democrats have called him a Nazi and Hitler and a threat to Democracy and that is just fine with you. The Democrats have inspired their voters to try to kill Trump. So shut up you hypocrite.

I thought they both were more qualified and likeable than their boss as well

Vance is a despicable human being who can apparently,
unlike the thing on top of the ticket,
affect a civil demeanor as required by the situation.

He was, as expected, atrocious on content in the debate
but clearly won on presentation,
and too many morons in the electorate understand ONLY presentation.

I don't think that anybody, either the intelligent or the deficient,
actually decides on the basis of VEEP choice.
But maybe some do.
Nothing surprises me anymore.

But maybe some do.
for context
and a bit of
perspective for anyone
just joining us -
you are a
sociopath that
wants people
to die because
they have
different views

You cockroaches have tried to kill trump twice and you have the fucking balls to to talk about civility? For 8 fucking years you rabid mongrels have called trump an existential threat to America, said he should have a bullseye on him but you honestly think normal people will believe you give a shit about civility???? Exactly how many generations of stupid are you a product of?

But maybe some do.
Hey bartender here's a great example of leftist "civility". Vance is a despicable human being. Very fucking civil. This is why you people should be shit on at every opportunity. Your incivility isn't the problem it's the pretending that you are civil which is the problem.

But maybe some do.
Vance has more control over himself and his affect.

I give him some credit, he is maybe less insane than trump, but shows signs of being a sociopath.

Just like lying, there is no whataboutism to be had here.

All politicians lie to an extent; all have moments where they are more toxic & divisive.

But there simply isn't a comparison to Trump. He is almost the personification of toxicity. It's impossible to argue that he hasn't taken our politics to an unprecedented low.

Vance has more control over himself and his affect.

I give him some credit, he is maybe less insane than trump, but shows signs of being a sociopath.
I don't have the medical expertise to know for sure whether or not Vance is a sociopath.
However, I'm very comfortable and secure in my assessment
that he's a total fucking asshole.

So you're a Vance supporter. Worry not, you'll have a chance to vote for him in 2028.👍

Back