Debate reminds voters of a more civil time

Vance won on points - but for me, the biggest takeaway from that debate was watching 2 candidates talk about their differences on the issues with civility, and entirely without personal attacks or insults.

I came away from the "debate" with those same thoughts.

I note that some of the MAGA morons are disputing the notion...and calling you a hypocrite.

Fuck them. They are scum.

It is such a contrast to Trump and the relentless toxicity he has injected into our politics. I wonder if voters aren't wishing that Vance was at the top of that ticket, and that we could get back to a time where politicians were adversaries, and not enemies.

His ability to change positions at the drop of a hat shows me that he doesn't have a core belief system. Everything's transactional.
For the sake of discussion, let me ask this (and this is not a defense of Vance). Harris has not really spoken a lot about her economic policies but when she has she has changed a lot of positions from four years ago. How, or why, is her changing positions different than what Vance is doing?

For the sake of discussion, let me ask this (and this is not a defense of Vance). Harris has not really spoken a lot about her economic policies but when she has she has changed a lot of positions from four years ago. How, or why, is her changing positions different than what Vance is doing?
The way I see it, changing positions isn't the same as changing your allegiance by 180 degrees. For example, nothing the Steelers ever could do would turn me into a Ravens fan. ;)

Back