Dem candidate pocketed payouts

did you not read the whole article? or only the parts that disinterested you?

During that time, the firm raked in more than $2 million in fees from local agencies over which Booker has influence.

Which agencies? What did Booker do to steer the agencies to his former firm? Did Booker's compensation come from the fees paid by these agencies or only from the fees paid by his former clients that the firm retained? Were these agencies part of the Newark city government? If not, what "influence" over them does Booker have? If they are, were they clients of the firm before Booker became mayor? If so, what did Booker do?

He'll win the Senate seat barring some major scandal (like, a real scandal involving hookers and cocaine type thing). I'm guessing he has higher aspirations, but he'll likely wait a few years.

Sorta sad that you have such low standards for your politicians.

Lefty - Check

Black - check

Apparently that is all you guys need

he invested in the firm.

He left the firm some years later.

They are returning his investment in the firm.

GET IT

your fucking lies cant stand anymore get it.

your fucking lies will be outed every time now.

You want to stab the republican party do death.

I actually care more about the republican party than you idiot lying rat scrodums do.

Your are about to kill the name for your racist bent.

What a shame that you will destroy with racism the very party that once represented freedom.

you people care about nothing.

You hate this country so you try to dismantle its government from the inside.

You scream your hate of government all day long.

You hate black people so much you do everything you can to keep them from voting.

you hate poor people so much you claim they are all criminals.

You embrace the very people who exploit their fellow humans.

your the most discusting incarnation of this once proud party ever.

thank all that is sane your ranks are dying right out from underneath you

your fucking lies cant stand anymore get it.

your fucking lies will be outed every time now.

You want to stab the republican party do death.

I actually care more about the republican party than you idiot lying rat scrodums do.

Your are about to kill the name for your racist bent.

What a shame that you will destroy with racism the very party that once represented freedom.

you people care about nothing.

You hate this country so you try to dismantle its government from the inside.

You scream your hate of government all day long.

You hate black people so much you do everything you can to keep them from voting.

you hate poor people so much you claim they are all criminals.

You embrace the very people who exploit their fellow humans.

your the most discusting incarnation of this once proud party ever.

thank all that is sane your ranks are dying right out from underneath you

This is really an A-1 rant.

He's your basic centrist Wall Street/hedge fund Democrat. Not a liberal by any reasonable definition of the term. I'd go so far as to say that he lacks any core principles save the promotion of Cory Booker, which dovetails nicely (for him) with the desire for corporate intersts to have their man in the U.S. Senate.

Saw this on Booker today.

What Does Silicon Valley Win by Backing Cory Booker?

It's more than political capital -- ideological capital matters, too.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...con-valley-win-by-backing-cory-booker/278458/

Saw this on Booker today.

What Does Silicon Valley Win by Backing Cory Booker?

It's more than political capital -- ideological capital matters, too.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...con-valley-win-by-backing-cory-booker/278458/

The main problem I have with that piece is that it assumes that Silicon Valley is backing Booker because of his ideological stances withouth the whiff of suggestion that Booker has said ideological stances because they just oh so fortunately happen to align with the ideological stances of people with lots and lots of money that are more than willing to give it to him. Kind of a chicken-egg thing, but let's get real.

Also, too, you should check out some of the reporting on who funded Booker's campaign for Mayor of Newark. I mean, why the fuck would Wall Street be so damned concerned about fucking Newark?

Back