Dementia

The Police notified my Brother that our Dad was knocking on doors in the middle of the night looking for a girl named 'Sally'. They told my Brother 'he was responsible' for our Dad. Our Dad was in his Nineties, lived alone, and would make coffee in the morning using a Percolator on a gas stove. A couple of times he would forget about the coffee. My Brother eventually put him in a 'Home'.
Makes you wonder about having an 'Exit' plan. :thinking:
I have mine. If I get senile my wife is going to drive me to a Walmart parking lot and spin me around to see if I can make it home.

But seriously I fear dementia more than dying.

I have mine. If I get senile my wife is going to drive me to a Walmart parking lot and spin me around to see if I can make it home.

But seriously I fear dementia more than dying.

Yeah. What's the use of going on if you don't even know who you are, what you've done, or recognize anybody around you. (which way to the Soylent Green factory?)

Yeah. What's the use of going on if you don't even know who you are, what you've done, or recognize anybody around you. (which way to the Soylent Green factory?)

You just went over the head of the younger crowd with that reference. One of the best s I-fi movies ever.

I have always assumed that my absent-mindedness and poor short-term memory are a sign of future dementia. That way if it doesn't happen, I can be pleasantly surprised.

Back