Dems Cold Hard Cash Man Reelected

A demoncratic government kind of thing tobes. It would appear that those people thought that a democratic crook was still better than a republican.....

They actually have to democrats in a final election ? I don't follow their politics down there. How does this work ?

They actually have to democrats in a final election ? I don't follow their politics down there. How does this work ?

Probably no republicans running and it came down to a runoff between this guy and some other democrat (with less money to spend).;) We have that type of situation down here all the time. Hardly ever does a republican run for anything down here....they couldn't win anyway.

Probably no republicans running and it came down to a runoff between this guy and some other democrat (with less money to spend).;) We have that type of situation down here all the time. Hardly ever does a republican run for anything down here....they couldn't win anyway.

hmm, must not have primaries for state level offices down there.

Toby,
My apologies, I was wrong. I assumed that their elections worked like the ones where I have lived. In any case I apologize.

Yes whether the opponent was a republican or demoncrat. Apparently the voters wanted the crook worse than the opponent.

Well it is LA and the democrats have a long history of corruption. They call it tradition there. LOL

Yep pretty much from what I gather from an outsiders viewpoint. I have spent a bit of time down there and it was not a place I wanted to live.

And I was wrong about the money thing.......but he did have endorsements from the prominent politicians down there.

From CNN:

"Carter, 37, raised nearly five times as much money as Jefferson, but she was largely outflanked in the endorsement game. Jefferson picked up the backing of Mayor Ray Nagin and other prominent black politicians."

I hate to say, but toby's right. Oh well.
I've got my own budget crisis to worry about. I can't say I really care too much about who LA elects.

Back