Dinner tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Beer braised beef brisket with root vegetables, the beef will be sliced thinly, then will cover a bed of home made egg noodles. They will be covered with the cooked vegies. I'll then reduce the braising liquid to a sauce, add some sour cream for good touch and pour that over the beef and vegies.

Should be good.

Sunday feel-good dinner for jb cuz he's sick.

Pork roast

Mashed taters

Gravy

Yeast Rolls

Green beans and 'shrooms.

oh shit i forgot about your birthday. I'll go crack another beer open in a bit though 3d and I will in fact toast you to boast you. If that makes sense.

Got back from Yellowstone about 1:30 this morning and too busy catching up to go to the market. Ham and eggs for breakfast, opened a can of soup for lunch, then for dinner defrosted some boneless, skinless chicken breasts and marinated them for four hours in teriyaki, balsamic vinegar a little fresh ground pepper and of course, garlic. Grilled them on the Weber. Wife found some green beans in the fridge that were actually edible and she did the veggies and whole wheat couscous. It was awesome.

Got back from Yellowstone about 1:30 this morning and too busy catching up to go to the market. Ham and eggs for breakfast, opened a can of soup for lunch, then for dinner defrosted some boneless, skinless chicken breasts and marinated them for four hours in teriyaki, balsamic vinegar a little fresh ground pepper and of course, garlic. Grilled them on the Weber. Wife found some green beans in the fridge that were actually edible and she did the veggies and whole wheat couscous. It was awesome.

Damn. He's human! We need a food/recipe thread here. Used to have one elsewhere but my main recipe poster found this newfangled thing called Facebook.

Damn. He's human! We need a food/recipe thread here. Used to have one elsewhere but my main recipe poster found this newfangled thing called Facebook.

Isn't it amazing that liberals are so assuming, when unassuming is a desirable trait.

Just got back from a weekend getaway. But thawed and reheated some delicious homemade gumbo. I think it was better the second time than when my g/f first made it.

For the foodies, has anyone read anything about the Paleo-diet or Paleo Food? Interesting stuff.

Like I said, leave this one alone. This is on the same level as what MM said about your kids, DY.

There was no throwing out. There was no divorce. Leave it alone.

As I started to discuss earlier, the Paleo-diet is worth looking into. It is not a fad diet to try and lose some weight and then return to bad eating habits. It is a way of eating that increases health.

The main focus is to eat a varied diet without processed foods, sugar or grains. The USRDA charts that we grew up seeing are responsible for many of the health issues we see today. Meats, fish, vegetables (not cooked to junk), fruits and nuts provide more and better nutrition. I recommend it wholeheartedly. I feel 100% better since starting it.

As I started to discuss earlier, the Paleo-diet is worth looking into. It is not a fad diet to try and lose some weight and then return to bad eating habits. It is a way of eating that increases health.

The main focus is to eat a varied diet without processed foods, sugar or grains. The USRDA charts that we grew up seeing are responsible for many of the health issues we see today. Meats, fish, vegetables (not cooked to junk), fruits and nuts provide more and better nutrition. I recommend it wholeheartedly. I feel 100% better since starting it.
I have not read up on that diet specifically, but my wife and I are working hard at being "locavores". We took an in-depth tour of the large mercado here in our city with a local chef and are now trying to buy most of our produce and protein there rather than at the more "American" styled super markets? Learning how to cook with bunches of new tropical fruits has been extremely interesting AND delicious. And the fresh seafood is truly incredible.

I have not read up on that diet specifically, but my wife and I are working hard at being "locavores". We took an in-depth tour of the large mercado here in our city with a local chef and are now trying to buy most of our produce and protein there rather than at the more "American" styled super markets? Learning how to cook with bunches of new tropical fruits has been extremely interesting AND delicious. And the fresh seafood is truly incredible.

Selecting fresh vegetables and good sources of protein over grains will do wonders.

and you'd be amazed at how inexpensive it is. A kilo of farm fresh tomatoes cost 7 pesos.... That's works out to be about 23 cents a pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back