Distracted Driving

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
Arizona Officer Clayton Townsend died on Jan. 8, 2019 and he was killed by a driver, who was texting at the time.

Now Arizona is considering and working towards making it illegal to even hold your phone while driving and are classifying it as "Distracted Driving".

While I have no problem in a law that forbids texting while driving, I do have concerns about it being labeled as Distracted Driving; because I believe that the idea of Distracted Driving is ambiguous and could be expanded to any number of situations.

Can changing your radio station be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can dealing with a cranky child be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can reaching down for a bottle of water be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can slowing down and looking at an accident be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can reading an Freeway traffic notification be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can reaching for your sunglasses be seen as Distracted Driving?

etc.

etc.

etc.

I don't have a phone that you can text on, so that is not a problem for me. But I do like to check out Hot Babes in the summer when they wear those teeny weeny Bikinis. As long as 'Checking out Hot Babes' is not on the List, it doesn't bother me one way or the other. (Course, this is just my opinion)

Arizona Officer Clayton Townsend died on Jan. 8, 2019 and he was killed by a driver, who was texting at the time.

Now Arizona is considering and working towards making it illegal to even hold your phone while driving and are classifying it as "Distracted Driving".
Don't classify it as 'distracted driving'. Just make it illegal to hold a phone while driving. :dunno:

I don't have a phone that you can text on, so that is not a problem for me. But I do like to check out Hot Babes in the summer when they wear those teeny weeny Bikinis. As long as 'Checking out Hot Babes' is not on the List, it doesn't bother me one way or the other. (Course, this is just my opinion)

Gee thanks for making my final decision easier; but I'll wait.. :palm:

While I have no problem in a law that forbids texting while driving, I do have concerns about it being labeled as Distracted Driving; because I believe that the idea of Distracted Driving is ambiguous and could be expanded to any number of situations.

Can changing your radio station be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can dealing with a cranky child be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can reaching down for a bottle of water be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can slowing down and looking at an accident be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can reading an Freeway traffic notification be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can reaching for your sunglasses be seen as Distracted Driving?

etc.

etc.

etc.

Does it take away your ability to concentrate?

Back