Distracted Driving

I never get distracted while driving...but any goddam thing at all can distract me when putting. That is what really hurts my game.

What's ambiguous about the term "distracted driver"?

While I have no problem in a law that forbids texting while driving, I do have concerns about it being labeled as Distracted Driving; because I believe that the idea of Distracted Driving is ambiguous and could be expanded to any number of situations.

Can changing your radio station be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can dealing with a cranky child be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can reaching down for a bottle of water be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can slowing down and looking at an accident be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can reading a Freeway traffic notification be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can reaching for your sunglasses be seen as Distracted Driving?

etc.

etc.

etc.

While I have no problem in a law that forbids texting while driving, I do have concerns about it being labeled as Distracted Driving; because I believe that the idea of Distracted Driving is ambiguous and could be expanded to any number of situations.

Can changing your radio station be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can dealing with a cranky child be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can reaching down for a bottle of water be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can slowing down and looking at an accident be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can reading a Freeway traffic notification be seen as Distracted Driving?

Can reaching for your sunglasses be seen as Distracted Driving?

etc.

etc.

etc.

Do any of those take away your ability to concentrate? If you answer yes, there is no ambiguity.

You're moving the goalposts. You were talking about the actions themselves. Now it's about those enforcing it.

Maybe I wasn't clear; but this is about what COULD be included under DISTRACTED DRIVING, due to it being ambiguous and subjective.
Plus it's not what you think is "distractive"; because it's subjective on what the OFFICER THINKS and that's what makes it ambigious.

Maybe I wasn't clear; but this is about what COULD be included under DISTRACTED DRIVING, due to it being ambiguous and subjective.
Plus it's not what you think is "distractive"; because it's subjective on what the OFFICER THINKS and that's what makes it ambigious.

Sounds to me like you were given a ticket for distracted driving and only want to whine about it.

Sounds to me like you were given a ticket for distracted driving and only want to whine about it.

No ticket ever; but it sounds like to me, that you aren't proactive and instead just wait until things only affect you and then you whine about it.

But thanks for you in-depth input over the questions. :good4u:

Back