Dixie Schools Waterhead in English....

Watermark has taken exception with my posting his quote in my sig, and while I am thrilled that it bothered him enough to protest, I also enjoy thumping him on his hollow noggin. :cof1:

From people who should suffice as unbiased experts on the subject:

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/592/01/

RE: Proper capitalization;

The names of God, specific deities, religious figures, and holy books.

God the Father
the Virgin Mary
the Bible
the Greek gods
Moses
Shiva
Buddha
Zeus

Exception: Do not capitalize the non-specific use of the word "god."
The word "polytheistic" means the worship of more than one god.
========================================

Thus, you earned the honors for Pinhead Quote of the Moment.

I like it, the pinhead quote of the month has a nice ring too it! Make me think of my shitbrick thread, I wonder why? Oh' must be all the oneway back patting going on that a few had to knock em' down a peg! .......:cof1:

Thankyou for not diproving anything I've said.

You capitalize those things whenever you are referencing something specific, it's a title. I never disagreed with any of that. You've not disproved any of it. It's bad grammar, however, to capitalize "he" when in reference to God, just as you would not capitlize "he" when in reference to myself. To do so just to make yourself look holier than everyone else is annoying.

God you're an idiot.

What the hell's your point? You didn't disprove anything I said. Why are you acting like you've made this humongous point? Fucktard.

People first started capitizing God whenever the English language began, because that's simply how it works. God is classified as a person grammatically, not matter how you feel about it. Then holier-than-thou religious zealots ran with that notion and believed people were capitilizing it to difference it from the gods, whenever actually "gods" isn't capitilized because it's nonspecific, like any other nonspecific term. Then they started capitilizing "He" because it made them feel better than everyone else. Finally we're getting away from such nonsense.

I think he means he can't believe that you (watermark) are giving him (dixie) this much attention...

People first started capitizing God whenever the English language began, because that's simply how it works. God is classified as a person grammatically, not matter how you feel about it. Then holier-than-thou religious zealots ran with that notion and believed people were capitilizing it to difference it from the gods, whenever actually "gods" isn't capitilized because it's nonspecific, like any other nonspecific term. Then they started capitilizing "He" because it made them feel better than everyone else. Finally we're getting away from such nonsense.

LMAO... Simply how it works? Is that your evidence to back your absurdity? God isn't "classified" as a person or an individual, as you said. God is classified as God, a specific religious deity. When speaking on this deity's Son, it is also capitalized, because the Son of God is a religious figure... like the Virgin Mary. When speaking of this deity in gender-based pronouns, like He, His, Him, it is properly capitalized to denote reference to said "religious figure".

That's simply how English grammar works.

God is capitalized because it is specific, like any other specific term. "He" is not specific. You don't capitlize it, unless you're talking about someone who happens to be named "He". To create extra rules in order to make yourself feel better than the heathens who don't use them is ridiculous, and I refuse to use these holyroller addendums to the English language.

God is capitalized because it is specific, like any other specific term. "He" is not specific. You don't capitlize it, unless you're talking about someone who happens to be named "He". To create extra rules in order to make yourself feel better than the heathens who don't use them is ridiculous, and I refuse to use these holyroller addendums to the English language.

"He," when speaking of "God" is specific. God is not a male or female, the pronoun is often used as a proper noun, to refer to the entity, "God," and when it specifically is, it may be capitalized. I didn't create the rule, the people who created grammar did, I am just pointing them out to you. Again, see the link above, from the English Department at Purdue University.

They didn't say anything about capitilizing "He", which is capitalized nowhere else in the English language.

And, BTW, there was noone who "created" grammar, and really, there isn't a fully specific way to define it. To say so would show a profound misunderstanding of linguistics on your part. I'll use my dialect, and you use your hollier-than-thou, look at me I'm great dialect.

water doesn't like the standards set by Purdues English experts so he wants to change them to fit his own ideas. Now he will repeat it a thousand times and others will begin to believe he's right. He's frantically seeking to create grey areas.

As for me I do things my own way too. I don't capitalize names that I have contempt for. Some times typos occur but names and places I think are shit I don't capitalize. like iran, syria, saddam, clinton, bin kerry, mohamad, the koran, islam, etc.

As for me I do things my own way too. I don't capitalize names that I have contempt for. Some times typos occur but names and places I think are shit I don't capitalize. like iran, syria, saddam, clinton, bin kerry, mohamad, the koran, islam, etc.

I knew you were the anti-christ! :cof1:

God the Father
the Virgin Mary
the Bible
the Greek gods
Moses
Shiva
Buddha
Zeus

Your website is incorrect.

Zeus, Buddha, Shiva and Moses are capitalised because they are proper nouns. As is Greek in 'Greek gods'

The Christian obsession with capitalising anything to do with 'god' is entirely through convention only...

Pronouns
In English, the nominative form of the singular first-person pronoun, I, is capitalized, along with all its contractions (I'll, I'm, etc).
Many European languages capitalize nouns and pronouns used to refer to God: Hallowed be Thy name. Some English authors capitalize any word referring to God: the Lamb, the Almighty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalisation

God isn't "classified" as a person or an individual, as you said. God is classified as God, a specific religious deity. When speaking on this deity's Son, it is also capitalized, because the Son of God is a religious figure... like the Virgin Mary. When speaking of this deity in gender-based pronouns, like He, His, Him, it is properly capitalized to denote reference to said "religious figure".

That's simply how English grammar works.

Ha! Ha! Ha! No it isn't....

The capitalisation of words associated with the Christian god is by convention only.

Watermark is right that the term god is sometimes capitalised if considered a proper noun....

Back to the Alabama Finishing School for Little Dixies.....

Back