Dixie Schools Waterhead in English....

"Christians DO want God capitalized, don't they?"

You always capitalize "God". It's a proper noun. I don't know how many times I have to say this before it soaks through your mile-thick lead skull and hits your brain.

Yes, and the words "He" and "His" are also used as proper nouns, when referencing God, because God is not gender specific. The commonly used pronouns are often used in reference to God, and when they are, it is not only acceptable to capitalize them, but following in accordance with Oxford-Cambridge English grammar rules.

The Oxford-Cabridge rule seems to refute your argument that it is "improper" to capitalize refrences to "God."

This is what I mean by comprehension problems.

I have never said that it is 'improper', but that it is simply a matter of convention.

It is to keep the waaah-waaah babies of religion happy. Same reason why majesty is capitalised, to engrandise Liz....

The commonly used pronouns are often used in reference to God, and when they are, it is not only acceptable to capitalize them, but following in accordance with Oxford-Cambridge English grammar rules.

I've forgotten your ability to BS about stuff on the same thread...

It isn't in accordance with the Oxbridge grammar rules.

They state: "It is the general rule to style a person in the manner they wish to be styled, within reason. "

That means, once more for slow kids such as Dixie, that it is entirely a matter of convention..

No, stubborn ass, what it means is, according to Oxford-Cambridge, it is not "improper" to capitalize "God" or any reference to "God," in fact, it is proper to use the form consistent with the religious sect. You want to now argue that it's simply a 'nicety' that this is done, and the thing about that is, using Oxford-Cambridge to formulate good grammar, is a 'nicety' itself, no one is required to use the rules, they are there for 'convention' only.

This is one of those arguments you two should have never gotten into, but now that you are up to your ass in 'ownership' by Dixie, you are twisting and spinning in the wind, and hope to salvage some credibility. You've abandoned the original point, that it's improper to capitalize reference to "God," because that has been proven inaccurate by your own sources. You now want to claim that it's just a formality, which typifies Oxford-Cambridge in general. This has to be the most lame attempt to win an argument, in the history of message boarding.

Back