Do we have a Game of Thrones thread?

Grind has at least one thread going, although he prefers no spoilers in it. He yelled at me when I spoiled the S1 conclusion, so I had him edit my post by concealing the content within the spoiler feature.

What's the point of having a thread dedicated to talking about a specific series if no spoilers are allowed? Shouldn't you just put [spoiler warning] on there and call it a day? I'll probably have to wait until I get done with SoS to not get spoiled, though. Because most of you are television proles, I won't have to worry about post S3 spoilers.

i've only read the first book which is great, but honestly the tv show is awesome too. I know a lot people are like "Derrrr haha you watch tv but don't read books har har dummbbb" but the show has been pretty faithful to the books from my own observation and from what I have heard from others for the most part. GOT has a huge following and most people are saying the show is rocking it. Billy I guarantee you would love game of thrones. it rocks

What's the point of having a thread dedicated to talking about a specific series if no spoilers are allowed? Shouldn't you just put [spoiler warning] on there and call it a day? I'll probably have to wait until I get done with SoS to not get spoiled, though. Because most of you are television proles, I won't have to worry about post S3 spoilers.

because there are always going to be the fucking morons that forget to spoil tag or something. maybe we should have separate book threads and tv thread. They do that on a lot of sites. avclub for example has a critical review of the show by someone never having read the books and a parallel review done by a book reader as well.

also i think when I said in that thread "no spoilers" I was saying that before somesones post was edited after the fact

i've only read the first book which is great, but honestly the tv show is awesome too. I know a lot people are like "Derrrr haha you watch tv but don't read books har har dummbbb" but the show has been pretty faithful to the books from my own observation and from what I have heard from others for the most part. GOT has a huge following and most people are saying the show is rocking it. Billy I guarantee you would love game of thrones. it rocks
You said the same about Mad Men and I couldn't get past 30 minutes of that. Breaking Bad is also...meh to me.

i don't vouch for mad men and never have. I can understand it's not for everyone. Breaking bad first 2 seasons are par but not amazing imo, but goes into beast mode seasons 3-5. So you should probably keep watching that. If you don't like seasons 3-5, you can't be helped. Game of thrones is one of the most critical acclaimed book series/shows, pretty much nobody dislikes it.

I'm half-way through S2 of BB, so I can stick with it enough to see it through. I'll give GoT a try, if it's on Netflix.

I'm half-way through S2 of BB, so I can stick with it enough to see it through. I'll give GoT a try, if it's on Netflix.

breaking bad gets better every season in my opinion. it's just an upward curve.

GOT probably isn't on netflix, but I do hear that it could be found on various areas of calm seas near inlets of land

You said the same about Mad Men and I couldn't get past 30 minutes of that. Breaking Bad is also...meh to me.

I got to Season 2 of Mad Men. It's very difficult for me to complete an episode, honestly. It does have it's moments but it's not something that's easy to watch. A Song of Fire and Ice, on the other hand, does have a very thrilling plot, and I would imagine the same would be true for any show that's based on it. It was honestly brilliant to make it into a show instead of a movie or something, a story as complex as SoFaI needs at least 12 or so hours a book.

Back